Exhaust valve issues

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Exhaust valve issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Matthew Cooke
    Participant

UK - England

hi everyone just to let you know ford have released a pcm software update today that they say should resolve this issue, we’ve done one today so will see how it goes

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Any details of it?

Matthew Cooke
    Participant

UK - England

Not yet

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi folks. What are the issues? Are the issues also linked to 17 plate cars?

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

Excellent news it feels like i’ve been waiting ages for this! Hopefully it does the trick!

Matthew Cooke
    Participant

UK - England

Drive mode not available intermittently

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Ah, ok

Thanks.

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

My Drive modes are NOT available every time I drive the car! Very irritating!

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

** UPDATE** hopefully the last one on this   🙂

So I arrived this morning at the garage to have the software installed and they were having issues with the software download etc so they gave me a hire car. Originally I was planning to wait whilst they did it but it was taking a little longer than expected!

They phoned me this afternoon and said they had difficulty installing the software but it had been done and they had been in contact with Mountune and Ford to sort it. However the car was still putting out error codes, so they spoke to them both again and then came to the conclusion it was the butterfly valve in the backbox, so they plugged in the new one they had there and all the errors went so got a whole brand new mountune axle back exhaust!

Everything was running smoothly on the way home swapping between sport and normal with the engine fully warmed up and a warm ambient air temperature.

I have to say credit to my dealer they have been very helpful sorting this matter out for me 🙂

(RS Spec – Mountune Axle back, FPM375, SSC, Hard pipe kit)

tricky
    Participant

UK - England

Same issues with drive modes.

It does seem to be after driving any distance and then restart the engine, so could well be the exhaust valve or indeed pcm update. Booked in at main dealer in 2 weeks time.

Keep us posted please Matt Cooke ?

tricky
    Participant

UK - England

Booked in for 3rd time into dealership for same problem. Still coming up with drive mode unavailable. 2nd time in was for a pcm update but hasnt fixed it. And is happening more often now too. Usually after a journey, then engine switched off and then restarted.

Annoying !

go-go
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah mines has now done it one time,a short journey,it was in sport,then while driving it just announced unavailable,and the information light came on,I stopped at the shop for five minutes started and selected sport..never been an issue since..??

tricky
    Participant

UK - England

Thats how mine started.

See how u go on

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Will the exhaust flap delete module not sort it for you guys??

1 HOT RS
    Participant

USA

Yes RSLucky… can I please have a link for that module…thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Exhaust valve issues. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!