F11 Maps etc. for Sync 3.4

Home Forums Technology Navigation F11 Maps etc. for Sync 3.4

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Chris Page
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Nitemare,

Just found this thread.

With regard to Maps 11 D/l From Ford. Are you saying that once D/Loaded, if you open the sync my ride folder  you can delete any of the still zipped folders you may not need, and the install will be ok.

My D/l contains 18 files in SMR folder. If I just need Britain and Ireland can I just leave BAJ-BCJ + BL file.

This would make the install so much easier, due to having to keep engine running during.

What are the BAG-BCG files, I also have an AD ,VCB, VHA,CA files. Any idea what these are.

Many thanks

Chris

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

@ Chris Page

If you ONLY ever drive in UK or Ireland then you’ll only need the first 3 Map files (BAJ-BCJ) PLUS the new Licence file (BL)

You can delete the other maps files and then modify your Autoinstall file and remove them from it!

BAG-BCG are Nav Voice files – you’ll onle need the BAG one (English)

The others are tools files and aren’t really necesary.

When I Updated I had the following files:

New APP file 5U5T-14G3181-EZ

The three Map files outlined above with licence file

The Nav Voice File as above (BAG)

The system voice file 5U5T-14G391-AP

and the latest Radio logo file 1U5T-14G658-AH

Hope this helps??

2017.5 RS MG MSD Multimap 350/380/420

Chris Page
    Participant

UK - England

Nitemare/

Many thanks. with regard to modify the Auto install folder.

Do you just delete the line  Item X

openX

Example.

Item1 = 4U5T-14G422-BAG
    Open1 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-BAG.tar.gz
    Item2 = 4U5T-14G422-BBG
    Open2 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G422-BBG.tar.gz

If I wanted to delete 4U5T-14G422- BBG

Would I just delete the Item  and Open lines. in the auto install folder, and of course the file in SMR folder.

Chris

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Any can delete any line you wish … however the autoinstall format must follow Item 1 and Open 1 and so forth

Chris Page
    Participant

UK - England

Nitemare,

Again many thanks. I understand your reply, but feel I have given a bad example.

With regard to your answer, If the auto install folder contained say 5 commands of item 1-5 and open 1-5.

If I were to delete items 2, and 4 (files ) would the remaining 1,3,and 5, now have to be re assigned as items1-3 , and open 1-3.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say. Basically, do the commands have to be sequential with no numeric gaps.

Regards

Chris

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

yes Chris that’s exactly right if you were to delete original lines  2 & 4  then you need to renumber your autoinstall to read as below …

ITEM1 = ?

OPEN1 =?

ITEM2 = ?

Open2= ?

and so on ….

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by nitemare.

Chris Page
    Participant

UK - England

Nitemare,

Many thanks, you’ve been very helpful. hope other readers , with basic computer skills can gain from your advice.

Saves hours.

If anyone thinks the above is  foreign to them, just open an “AUTOINSTALL FILE” all will become apparent.

Regards

Chris

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Glad to help Chris … any further questions just ask!!

Its all quire simple tbh … if I can do it then anyone can!! lol

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

These terms and instructions are far from clear to me. maybe I am not alone.

Coastliner

Chris Page
    Participant

UK - England

Coastliner,

What do you not understand.

The jist of this post, kindly explaind by Nitemare is to reduce the time of the install of Ford maps software from a USB stick to your Car System.

When you accept the Download offered by Ford on your up dates page, it is the complete European package to cover Europe maps and languages.

This install can take circa 3hrs, of driving or keeping engine running.

What Nitemare has revealed is that the files you download are divided into different area maps and different languages.

So If you just need Britain, Ireland (uk) maps and English languages, you can delete the other maps and languages from your install.

Possibly cutting the install time to circa 45mins. Most of us do these length trips rather than 3 hrs.

After downloading and unzipping, I assume you open the Sync My Ride folder, and delete the countries and languages you do not need.

If you had say 15 folders in SMR you number them 1-15. in you head or paper. Open the Autoinstall.lst and you will see the same files with a list of item/open numerically down the list.

This is like a shopping list which instructs the computer during the install. At present gives orders to sequentially itemise and then open to install 1-15.

If say you deleted files 4, 5, 6. Maps and 8,9,10. languages from your SMR folder. You now need to amend your shopping list in Autoinstall.lst.

Items 4 5 6 missing  so what was item 7 now becomes 4 and 11 now becomes 5 and so on to adjust the rest of the list.

This is my understanding, I am sure Nitemare will say if i have not got it correct. (Please say Y/N ) Nitemare.

It would help if Ford gave the customer a choice of Map areas, and Languages at the point of Download.

Regards

chris

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

@Chrispage

You are quite correct in what you’ve described above to Coastliner

If you ONLY need UK/Ireland updated maps (F11 latest – “J”) then select the first 3 files (usually BA*, BB* & BC* files) … PLUS the map licence file (currently ending in “BL”) – as Chris outlines this cuts down the tedious install time dramatically (a 2GB file takes about 10 minutes to install!!)

If any of you use the Cyanlabs tool to update you can actually select the files you want to download

The Cyanlabs tool will then automatically format your USB and download the files you’ve opted for there ready for you to plug in and install!!

Simples!!

Remember if you have any previous map files (F9/F10 for France/Germany etc.) they will STILL be there but obviously won’t be the F11 version!

Any questions just ask … I know it may sound difficult but honestly it really isn’t!!

Nitemare

chrisch
    Participant

UK - England

You’re a hero Nitemare for answering all these technical questions

I’m on 3.4 and F10 maps. I’ll probably update in a few weeks when I get around to it.

For anyone interested, Cyanlabs’ tool makes this all quite easy: https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3updater/

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

For those not so tech savvy

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

thats me for sure,id never attempt to update mine,ill have to wait till i can find someone to do it for me

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to F11 Maps etc. for Sync 3.4. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!