Faded Window Rubbers

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Faded Window Rubbers

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I personally don’t like using harsh chemicals such as GTechniq C4 so I use Turtle wax BUG & TAR Remover sparingly applied to a microfibre cloth. Wipe on leave for 1 min max and . Buff with clean microfibre cloth.  I see this as just part of the regular cleaning process of my car so have no real hang-up over it. Not permanent but cheap looks good and last quite a while.

Have you tried Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care? It has good reports. I will try it when I run out of the Tar and Bug remover.

Tony

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Let us know how it lasts over the next few washes @blechdosenbill

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Sry for the long wait regarding an update….

So Gtechniq c4 failed……

After coating the paint in december with Autopro PHPS ive tested it also an the window rubbers….

This is how they look now. I cant give you any updates before March… sry

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

I bought mine on April 1st (yes really), and have spent £10 keeping it clean. Two trips to the car wash. Looks bloody awful admittedly.

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

Autoglym bumper and trim gel works very well, it’s cheap and easy to use, looks good until the next time you wash it or a heavy rain.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@o1turbo30v

I was going to say something very similar Auto-Glym tyre shine brush on and micro fibre it off, job done x

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

Gyeon Trim has been fantastic so far for me. Had to choose a good warm day during the summer to apply it as I have no access to a garage at the moment, but as long as you give it enough time to cure, it should perform very well for months and regularly bead in the wet.

If ceramic coatings don’t really appeal, something like Swissvax Seal Feed or Sonax GummiPfleger might suit.

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bag of walnuts cheap as chips and you can get them on your weekly shop split them open and apply 😉

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Be careful when using tyre shine and the like on the window rubbers as it has some corrosive properties. I used chemical guys tyre kicker and found it made a mess of the piano black panels between doors.

The best thing I did was clean them thoroughly with IPA (not the beer) before applying turtle wax trim restorer. That was 6 months ago and while they now need another clean and restore they still look okay. Not patchy like they were 1 week after I had the car ceramic coated.

Try cleaning with IPA before applying anything. It works for me!

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Rubber seal feed – keep feeding…

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Lots of products will do the job but most wont last. I would recomend Angel Wax Elixir as it really makes the difference however it will only last for a matter of weeks before re-application required.

I am also planning to use the C4. I have a bottle ready to go before the summer shows come along. Many have said that it lasts for 1 – 2 years so I think this is the best way to go.

nilagin
    Participant

UK - England

I use Armorall Tyre dressing or Autobrite Direct’s Hellshine Deep Abyss. The latter is actually a paint sealant but works great on plastics rubbers and as a water repellent on windows and lights.  A very small pot costs about £13 on eBay but should be enough to treat the paint, plastics, rubbers and glass twice.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

After washing the car I always use Williams Waterless Wash and Wax for cleaning the window rubbers and at the same time the windows. Its quick, practical and leaves a nice subtle sheen on the rubber.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Faded Window Rubbers. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!