Feels like no boost

Home Forums Performance Engine Feels like no boost

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys,

I have installed mountune recirc halve and a decat then  Installed dreamscience ultima 2+ car was fine for first couple weeks really quick etc, now it seems the car just bogs down when u floor it especially 2nd gear 2-3sec pause car seems to struggle to get moving, boost needle goes close to red like has done since remapped, it doesn’t feel like clutch slip no jumping of revs etc especially with the car being under 1 year old with 8k miles on, anybody have any advice thanks

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Can you not revert to the original map to eliminate a Dreamscience map issue?

JohnD

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

I didn’t think it was healthy to run the car with a decat with no remap?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I just don’t get it with Dreamscience, they sell you the Imap with what, 5? maps on, race99, 99+, ultima, ultima2 and ultima 2+ if I remember rightly. If you have a std unmodded car, with dead std engine they recommend you install the top map, the 2+ as they say “its the latest map and has been in development for 6 months or a year whatever and that it has the most safeguards in it for engine protection. Jared specifically says not to use any of the “old dated basic” 99 maps or the ultima as they are past it. What I cannot understand is that they also say that all the development work for the ultima 2+ map has been done on their car with a load of mods on the engine ( cant remember all, but sure a decat and big exhaust and load of inlet stuff and intercooler) So how can the mapping for a modded engine be the same for a std one??? Its like me saying I have a pair of twin 48Dco webers that have been set up for a 2.2 litre pinto with race cam and ultra big valve head with 220bhp and they will suit your standard 2 litre pinto just fine !! I see on that DS video, the chap driving it was like “WoW”   “wow”  “wow”, and then a short while later his face changes to one of slight concern and inner thought as he then starts to mention a flat spot, a pause if you like that occurs as he opens it up and it takes a moment to respond and pick up ( I think they have mapped that in to stop a boost spike and try to protect the pistons/engine). I just don’t think you can have a one map suits all, maybe the best route is like the Adam tune where you get mapped by email and the map is tailored to your car.

Oh, and apparently he swapped from the 2+ down to the 2 or ultima after a few weeks as thought it was too savage? another  chap on here said he could not modulate the throttle nicely round bends with the 2+, others I have read have also thought that it may be a bit harsh in its power delivery. Think I’m happy to stay std 345 at the moment !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah got to agree with u on that ,I have tried all the maps and there’s a pause in every map, when I start the car up from cold soon as I pull away it bunny hops so bad u have to wait for the exhaust valves to close before pulling off,  I had dreamscience on my focus st mk2 so wanted to use same company again but now having my doubts as I was 100 mile away from home and the car locked me out I had to use the manual key to unlock it then reset the key by placing it under the arm rest while the alarm and car horn is going off if it wasn’t for searching on YouTube how to reset key next step was to smash window

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If all the maps are doing it does that include the standard Ford map.

Has a boost pipe blown off one end ? If it’s making boost it has to be dumping it somewhere. Recirc valve still tight and located? Recheck all boost pipes and hoses.

A custom map is really the best way to go, but costs around double the price of Dreamscience and no handset or have a custom map put onto a Cobb device and it’s around £1200

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

Took the map off this morning car runs perfect now more responsive low down and has stopped the bunny hopping from cold think I’ll just save and go custom map from litchfield

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

coatesy1, why don’t you ring DS up and speak to Jared and see what his take on the issue is? I would not want to be spending £400 on something that is no use and could possibly cause damage. I wonder if he is developing an Ultima 3 ? With my std car if I pull away immediately after overnight cold start up I do get a big flat spot and it feels like it wants to cut out so I sometimes have to dip the clutch and then go again or just be a bit slower opening the throttle. I think a lot of people get that , its why I’ve read that lots seem to run theirs and ‘warm them up’ before driving off ! Mine seems a bit better since I’ve had the headgasket done, it appears to ‘have the choke out’ a bit more on cold running !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RSJAY73
    Participant

UK - England

well My Ultima 2+ runs great when cold and hot. Great bit of kit for the dollar

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

is your car std or have you got other engine mods Jay ?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Doesn’t sound right I would get on the phone to Dreamscience

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

With ultima 2 the car runs great, super smooth warm and cold and very good to modulate. I would also think there is something wrong.

RSJAY73
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda I got charge pipe kit full Mountune intake + Recirculation valve

the car drives amazing with them mods  and Ultima 2+

very happy with it ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Most excellent Jay !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Feels like no boost. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!