Fiesta Production to stop

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Fiesta Production to stop

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes I would think so 9 if I manage to get one !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

BDA, did you get drive a GRY, if so how do feel it compares to the ST ?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes I did, the GR was like an angry little bee compared to the ST, far noisier/busier on motorway at 70/85mph, tyre noise on the GR was noticeably louder too, visibility out the front better in Fiesta, that low mirror/high screen in the GR was a bit intrusive. New Ford Performance seats in latest ST look and feel better than the nondescript GR ones. I did notice various vibrations and possibly rattles through the GR. ST far more practical for me as a daily. If I did not have the Focus I would have a GR and the ST, but having the Focus and a GR doesnt make sense.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Kind of confirmed what I expected (I’ve not driven an ST since before the ST200 came out)…..

“but having the Focus and a GR doesnt make sense.”

Well that is my world for the last 18 months,  I still prefer the RS so always in my mind should a chop in my GRY in for the ST.  Think I would seek out a Blue Performance Edition  (I obviously want those KW dampers ..oh the irony ! …LOL) …and add a MT Stage 1 tune.

Then people tell me GR is an “investment”.   Like I need another garage queen!

Cheers

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@9 designs

I am having the opposite thoughts to you, yes GRY and Focus are similar with regards to performance, I have been out today in the GRY and I prefer its ride and handling over the Focus. I disagree with BDA as I think the seats are far more comfortable in the GRY, I have the standard Recaro’s in the Focus as I couldn’t get on with the CS Recaro’s in my Mk2.

My only issue is I need access to a four door car on occasions so would have to purchase something cheaper to cover the times I need.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

As is the norm with FORD, nobody seems to know whats going on regards being able to order an ST ! I emailed customer service and got back an email saying ”

“In regard to the vehicle FIESTA ST. It currently shows that FIESTA’s are available at the moment to order but here at Ford Customer Service, we are unable to confirm how long it would take or how much longer they will be available to order.

We appreciate it if you have already attempted to raise your concerns about FIESTA ST with your Dealership, but we would advise you to escalate it further with your Dealership as dealers are the best to support them with any specific technical questions and will know all the up-to-date information when it comes to vehicles that are available to buy.”

I mean, seriously? parts of it do not even make sense !! They seem to think the dealers can order ST’s, and yet the dealers I have been to say ” when we try to order online we are unable to get an order accepted”

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, I was comparing the NEW ST seats in the Fiesta, they are now “Ford Performance” branded and not Recaro, they also have  elec adjustable lumbar support not sure if they go back and forwards electrically, and  have the Sierra Cosworth /RS Turbo style adjustable under leg support that pulls out forwards to suit ( we used to call them crumbcatchers) The GR is soooo quiet on the outside ! bloke down the road witnessed my RS cold start and said ” oh I  wish mine did that noise on cold start!”  his wife drives past my house in it daily and its as quiet as a mouse, my neighbours Panda sounds better! ha ha ha  weird Renault could make a 1.4 Turbo 5GT sound great, and todays little 500 Abarths sound brill, why the hell has the GR got no noise??

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@BDA

I 100% agree with you regarding the noise the GRY makes, I am seriously thinking about outing the RS and either PX with someone privately who has a four/five door hatch or estate, not too bothered if its 10 or 15 years old but needs to have a manual box proper handbrake and low miles and in good condition with history. I have looked at Saab, BMW, and Volvo they are my preferred cars to PX to. Still considering all options. Not keen on French, Italian stuff.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

We all know how Ford usually play this, persuade customers to order Fiesta ST, then announce limited edition after limited edition, that’s what they did with the Focus, you get your leg into a car then multiple further special editions with colour limitations.

Coastliner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, if my RS was standard I would get where you’re coming from, except I elected to fix my RS. So it rides far better than the GR.  I can live with the GRY stock ride, the RS not.    Funny enough people are buying Recaro shell seats and fitting them into their GRY as an upgrade!!!  I have shell seats in my RS, for me they are excellent.    You actually sit lower in an RS than the GR ..LOL. (We should have another GR meet up…. )

My GR has a Cobra DPF back system…. RS still sounds better, stock with sports cat.

BDA,  I’ll look online at work, (I work in Ford now) sure I saw “report a friends problem” as Ford are claiming to get more customer focused.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@ 9 designs

I need to travel in a car with the DSC to make my mind up one way or the other, I had a run in the GRY today to Coalville went to a funeral. Loved the journey albeit 50% on the motorway, rest on the A38 which isn’t much different to a motorway.

This is a good example of what I was thinking just has an auto box other than that it fits the bill.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14117683

Coastliner

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by coastliner.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Coast,   It’s the dampers that are the game changer.

Volvo will certainly be a difference and a cruiser, the 5 pot even in diesel sound nice. (Had a V40 before the RS)

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Well, Ive gone and done it, this weekend Ive ordered 2 new Fiesta St’ s !!   and tomorrow I’m cancelling one of them !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Pray tell us more🤔🙂

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, what a Fiasco ! basically.. I  know they are £29470 in Kermit green with the winter pack and B&O /sync3/nav upgrade . No dealer bothered getting back to me and then one dealer rang and said ” we can place an order for you now for delivery next year, can I send you a link to take 500 deposit?” so I said ” I will come down in the morning and see you”  so I turned up ready to fight for a bit of a deal/discount but there was no luck in that attempt so reconciled myself to paying full price. the salesman spent ages on the computer screen and eventually said ” right thats it £30070 ” talk about instant cheesed off ! I looked at the breakdown and explained he had charged for sync 3 at £600 AND the sync3/B&O/nav package at £1025.00 he insisted there had been a price rise and that was how it had to be specced on his screen. I said ” have a look on the Ford online configurator as Im sure it was £29470 all in  when I last checked” So conveniently his computer would not load the configurator and gave up trying. They had one in the showroom at £28570 OTR with all the bits and a spare wheel. I said ” well what can you do me on that one instead if I take it now” a bit of to-ing and fro-ing and then he goes and puts the board on the car price UP !! to £29600 or something,saying “that was old price and its not price protected” then the manager comes over and says ” we can do that one £500 off” so by then Im totally fed up, nearly two hours passed by ! So I’m just about ready to give up and throw out ” look, I’ve got a complete mental block about buying a Fiesta with a price that starts with a ‘3’ especially as a week ago I was expecting sub £29000! so if you can do it for £29999 all in, with front and rear mats and bootliner I will have one” the salesman goes in to get the manager, a bit of a chat and he says ” ok, we will do that” . Another 15 minutes looking at the rear of a computer monitor while the salesman enters endless amounts of numbers etc , then he says ” ok, thats it all done” So I say ” blimey, I hope its not gone up while you were doing all that, and that its still 29999!”  he nods. Passes me the thing for my card and I leave £500 depo. More in and out of back office and he comes out with the printed invoice…… at £30127 with mats.  Mate, I then gave up the will to live, starving hungry as been there 12 -2.30 so, showed my disdain that hes done me, he insisted it was 30k for car plus mats and not inc mats, so I said right see you later ( I just could not be arsed to stay and argue any more)  . Shook hands and left, even before I got out the showroom door I said to myself ” I’m cancelling that shit” !! got home, checked Ford configurator and it was still at £29470.00  I rang a local Ford dealer, and instantly difference in approach, he asked if I owned a Ford older than 4 years, yes, so Ford do a get £500 off for brand loyalty, then he mentions cashplan. Ive gone in today and got the right colour and spec I want, all for £28570 OTR !! and only pay £13500 next March when I pick the car up, and pay the balance £15000 TWO YEARS LATER !! no fees, no % APR !! Basically £900+ off and only pay £13500 !  Happy days. So tomorrow its cancel the confidence tricksters £30127 deal !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fiesta Production to stop. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!