Fiesta ST Edition v Yaris GR v Honda Type R v VW gti

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Fiesta ST Edition v Yaris GR v Honda Type R v VW gti

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Fiesta ST is amazingly quick for £27k, with a mild tune it would be up with the best IMHO

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting, it’s the Fiesta for me.

Honorary Member

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

I love the blue, reminds me of my RS, a Mountune stage 1 added and that 48.5 seconds would have come down to under 48 seconds and the Yaris with all its trickery would have been no quicker, that’s impressive from a car that’s £6k to £7k cheaper than the Yaris, plus the ST has better practicality and cheaper running costs, just goes to show how clever Ford Performance are at designing truly great car, imagine the Fiesta RS, if they made it with 250 hp, what a weapon that would be, that would take on the Civic type R.

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

faber
    Participant

France

Totally agree.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Surely a fiesta RS would do well for ford. I know i would love one.

440bhp

443lbft

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Revo stage 2 now on the ST… 260 horse.

Am tempted by the GRY, would like a test drive, so have enquired this evening.

Would keep my FRS though.

Fiesta RS would be a no brainier,  Type R shows you can mange with FWD, so I’d accept being only front.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

The price tag of the GRY though.

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Would like to see it in the warm and dry – think the Fiesta could become 2nd. But, the Type R would surely extend its lead? Impressive.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Price isn’t far short of what I paid for the RS !!!!! (Fully loaded)

One lap time table floating around  has the GRY CP  2 seconds quicker than the Type R and RS and the non CP 2 seconds slower that the RS/Type R  Circuit type and conditions I guess playing a bit part in it.

Non convinced the GRY is a car you will look back at after parking up and walking away like the RS….

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

The stock Fiesta ST is already a quick car with more comfort and the Quaife LSD improves the FWD effectively. I encouraged my wife to add the Revo Stage 1 to make it more urging but she said no 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@frenk make sure you take it for the next service 😉

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@GM. I like your style!

In a similar position collecting parts but the wife will only be able to see the intercooler

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@turbo-tone my wife actually encourages me sometimes, but i have used old oil leak photos and photos of other cars to justify some work 😉

Cant believe 16k in and the turbo needs to be changed 🤫

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, that’s cruel, but very clever😂😂😂

I do like that fiesta but knowing my luck I would order one and Ford would then decide to do an Rs

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@GM: Thanks for the good suggestion. I’ll keep it in mind. Now that the grown-up kids have left the house the old couple needs new adventures 😀 Maybe I should convince her to come along for the track day, too, even though she would limit herself to preparing sandwiches and tea 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fiesta ST Edition v Yaris GR v Honda Type R v VW gti. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!