Finally, Arthur’s Seat Road

Home Forums General Picture & Video Gallery Finally, Arthur’s Seat Road

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Finally got an excuse to go to Arthur’s Seat Road, daughter wanted to go tree surfing. It’s about a 250 meter elevation from bottom to top, and about 3km long. Got stuck behind one car on the way up, about half way, so just dropped back and kept catching them up. On the way down was dangerous. On the lookout sections you get people having to cross the other side (your side when coming down) on blind corners, I can attest the brakes are very good.

Arthurs Seat Road map

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Arthurs Seat Road 1

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Arthurs Seat Road 2

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

That looks fun.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

looks like a ricer drifters heaven !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bloody hell, I lived in Mount Eliza for a few months back in the 90’s and never heard of that road. Must have driven past that a dozen times when going down to the peninsula at the weekends.

Looks awesome for the RS.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Looks much more fun than my trip down and back up the M6 on Saturday!

Traction control off by any chance?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like a terrific road no time to look at scenery 😺

Honorary Member

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Think I’ve been there when I visited. Not in my car though.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I had a 1973 Holden HQ Premier when I lived there for a year. Loved that old tank, just like a yank tank, awesome.

Drove from Adelaide to Cairns, down to Alice Springs and across to Brisbane over a 3 to 4 month period in 1997.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Very nice hairpins!

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

It was fun, unfortunately the traction control was turned on, had passengers so best they see the scenery rather than end up being part of it.

Nice that some of you have been down here, you’ll appreciate how boring the roads are in Australia, although there are a few gems.

Here’s another road that looks like it’d be fun, unfortunately 5 and a half hours drive away from me. Google says it’ll take 35 minutes to drive that road, sounds like a wager to me 🙂

Anglers Rest

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Finally, Arthur’s Seat Road. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!