Fitting blackvue 750

Home Forums Performance General Fitting blackvue 750

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, I’m gonna fit my blackvue dash cams this wk, has anyone got any pics of where they are best positioned as I want them to look right and also what number fuses to use for constant power and aux power, cheers all?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Depends if you’ve got the city stop cluster. Here’s where I fitted mine.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Best to check which fuses are constant live with a multi-meter, but I think most of them are. I connect the acc to the unused heated steering wheel fuse as this was one of the few that turned off with the ignition.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks mate, no don’t have city stop, that looks pretty neat where you have it? I’ll get the test light out in the fuse box, sure I can find a spare one somewhere?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Also, be careful not to make it obvious from outside. You don’t want to tempt some to break in when parked. After all, it’s a valuable piece of kit.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers for the info mate ?

thebaker
    Participant

UK - England

@RS77 Can you upload any picture from your cam? I mean from any footage.Cheers buddy!

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Yep

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

@crocket81

I ran an extension cable and wired mine into the boot. It was much easier than into the passenger footwell fuse box, with a decent ground to use, along with plenty of empty slots to tap. One side are constant and the other are switched power fuses.

I’d also recommend using an external Blackvue battery as the performance of the Power Magic Pro is rubbish in winter.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I tried the BV battery on my last car. Barely lasted 10 hrs with two cameras (front and back) on parking mode. Depends whether you do a lot of short trips, but my car battery lasts longer with the PMP mode on, than the BV battery ever did.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I’m gonna get rid of the Blackvue battery I currently have and upgrade it to the new one that charges in around 40 minutes and lasts up to 24 hours…

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

With the tracker and commuting in the dark 60 miles each way at silly o’clock, I was lucky to get more than a few hours out of the PMP. Certainly would never last the day. Might be down to the amount of electrics I had turned on though…

With the BV Ultra battery (B-124) I usually get 20hrs for the 750s 2ch, and it takes around 30-40 minutes to charge. Even with short journeys it usually provides enough charge to get through the working day. No idea what it’s like in the winter yet, but hopefully the lithium based battery can cope better with the colder temps.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers for the info mikey, where is the fuse box in the boot?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I get around 16hrs with motion detection activated and the lower voltage setting on the PMP. But I guess it very much depends on your car driving patterns.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fitting blackvue 750. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!