Fitting shell seats

Home Forums Performance General Fitting shell seats

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Brian Noonan
    Participant

UK - England

can anyone help me I have standard seats and just bought shell seats was told needed a resistor fitting to stop airbag light coming on can anyone tell me what resistor is required where is best to get one and whereabouts it fits to  thanks in advance for your replies

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Brian just a word of caution before you do this, make sure your insurance company are aware of what your doing and wont invalidate your insurance.

Coastliner

Brian Noonan
    Participant

UK - England

Will do cheers brian

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Did you buy the seats from fords Brian? Just wondered if they’re available that’s all as might consider changing mine in the future

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Replacing seats in the UK can void your car insurance?!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Yes if you don’t make them aware and the new seats don’t have air bags when the old one’s did.

Coastliner

Brian Noonan
    Participant

UK - England

Paulie I didn’t buy the seats from ford they are second hand basically you got the standard seats shell seats were an optional extra I’m sure you could buy from fords but the shell seats didn’t have airbags fitted

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Are you aware that the rear seats are different with the shell? Shell seat rears come with matching rear seats.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

UK specs I don’t think there is a “shell” specific for the rear. I thought its the same rear for UK specs.

You guys have a lower profile headrest.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no nick, the rear seats for the Shell seat car are matching and a bit superior !, they have the alcantara etc whereas the std seated car has sort of a material that matches the std fronts .

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Theirs a big Thread on Focus RS  .org on changing the front seats to Shell seats.

He kind of did a bit more than change a resistor, but yes you do have to change a resistor as well

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Brian Noonan
    Participant

UK - England

Yes I purchased the full set will have a look on that site for thread thanks for your help

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Let us know how you get on with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fitting shell seats. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!