Focus RS – Wife or Mistress

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Focus RS – Wife or Mistress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

Well let’s see where we go with this. I own and love a VW Golf R and I have owned, and loved, a Focus RS. In the last month I’ve looked at trading in the Golf for a Merc, Audi, Honda and everything in-between. Nothing else floats my boat as the Golf is a brilliant everyday car. It does everything I want from a car. Maybe not the best at anything, but most certainly, good at everything. It gives me a warm cosy feeling all over and makes me feel safe. Just like a wife.
    BUT, the RS is loud, in your face and reaches part of the anatomy that nothing else reaches. I took risks in the RS cos press reviews said I would survive no matter how bad a driver I was. I loved the way the back seemed to have a mind of it’s own and made me feel like a love child of Ken Block. I liked the way it popped and banged when I was driving past McDonalds, whereas the Golf, albeit just as quick,  just seemed to pass the odd fart! The RS is like a mistress.
    So what’s the point of this comparison. Do you live with the wife or the mistress. Me, I’m hoping to live with both, when the price is right (<25k). Before I get the same old crap of some members, this club is open to, not just owners, but also enthusiasts and I claim to be a big enthusiast. I want to live with the wife but have the occasional blast with the mistress! Does that make me such a bad person. I do hope so!!!!!

Every village needs an idiot.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I/we have both !!!!    I just got the real wife to trade her Audi A3 184 Quattro DSG,  in for a BMW 120D M-Sport xDrive Auto, which is a quantum leap forward in driver engagement over the “Aldi”… which while nicely built,  trimmed and quick, was boring and handled like a sack of spuds on a bouncy castle, even though it was SLine….  okay they both dirty diesels, but a right torque fest, with a remap probably out drag an RS 50-70 !!!   So the BMW is nice sensible car, has proper 4 wheel drive not like the Halex shit, can shift its torque all around and does a proper rear drive bias like the RS simulates with its trick rear clutch’s.  The 8 speed auto seems quite well sorted as well…. no pops and bangs though…

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

buz
    Participant

UK - England

I’m fortunate enough to have my RS as my wife (pick wisely and your wife can be dirty) and my mistress is an Aprilia Tuono for occasional slutty filthy ?

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a mistress because my wife will be getting  knowhere near the driving seat 🙂

Lionel Mandrake
    Blocked

UK - England

So you’ve owned a Mk3, own a Golf R And you want to trade the Golf (“For a Merc, Audi, Honda and everything in-between”) whilst also loving the Golf (“Nothing else floats my boat as the Golf is a brilliant everyday car, it does everything I want from a car” ). You also want to buy an RS when the price drops to £25k, keep the Golf R, and have the best of both worlds. Best of luck……….?!?!?

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

@howsey – yet again under another name. Thank you for wishing me good  luck. You were once interesting, and at times, amusing. You are now a very sad person. If you are going to quote me please do it correctly. Have a nice evening I won’t be responding to any more of your silly childish posts. You really do need to seek help my man!

wave

Every village needs an idiot.

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Howsey such a loser

you need  help  from the neck up

and lionel  mandrake same loser

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Seems to me too many people on this site take life far to seriously, lighten up for Christ sake!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Focus RS – Wife or Mistress. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!