Footwell lights

Home Forums Styling Lighting Footwell lights

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thinking of changing my footwell lights , any recomendations and are they difficult to do.

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Also anybody fitted the illuminated kick plates from ceuk

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@ Peter, I’ve not changed my footwell lights BUT, I believe they are standard part across the Focus range. Hope this helps ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ive heard the illuminated kick plates only come on with the ambient lighting and not when the doors are opened and then they stay lit even with the doors closed ( or something along those lines ) can’t remember the exact issues.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh, plus you end up destroying the original kick plates when you remove them as they are ‘glued’ on..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks mike , don’t think I will bother

stookay
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ Pete Deamer, I changed the footwell lights from red to blue from CEUK, took 5 mins, read on forum to place them behind OE units to reduce brightness. passenger side slides between OE unit, drivers side had to use the double sided 3M adhesive pad to stick to bar under dash. Looks much better IMHO and only a fiver. Not the best shot as taken in the daylight but you get the idea.

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

Be careful where you fit them, I brought a pair and fitted them the weekend I have now removed them as they get really hot not worth the risk of them setting something on fire.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Footwell lights. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!