Ford Mustang Mach-E

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Ford Mustang Mach-E

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Ford Mustang Mach-E has been launched today

Ford Mustang Mach-E

“With up to 370 miles (600 km) of all-electric range on a single charge*, Mustang Mach-E is the new shape of freedom.”

– Thoughts?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Not to my taste.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Pass.

440bhp

443lbft

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Looks dull, the pricing – 3 models “starting” at £40k, 46k and 58k respectively.  Add a longer range battery to the “council spec” version and it jumps to 50k.  Obviously designed and marketed to compete with the Jag and Lexus market.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Its a disgrace to abuse the Mustang name for this car. They have spoilt the Puma name with an SUV now they will spoil the Mustang name with that ugly SUVesq electric thingy.

Not impressed with Ford. If you are going to use old school names, ensure the car holds the values of the original. That thing is not a beautiful American muscle car.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by DaveRS3.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

that abomination is an insult to the name “Mustang”  there is nothing ‘wild horse’ about that ! Should be named Ford Sparkle or something as its truly SHOCKING !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Not for me. Find it hard to like electric cars.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Not for me, it’s brutally ugly not Mustang beautiful

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Electric is not my choice. No soul.

Coastliner

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone know why they can’t use the same bodies as standard cars but with the running gear of leccy…or, like aftermarket companies, use classic cars and convert them, people might, and I mean might buy them then?!

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

BobEdition
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t understand the use of the Mustang name here either but reusing ‘hero’ names on mundane vehicles seems to make more people interested than it upsets as it seems pretty common these days.  Presumably the people who it upsets wouldn’t be in the market for them anyway so it only leaves the upside of people who want to buy into a bit of the name prestige.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@hitch6742

Maybe its to disguise the batteries, an SUV has more space to store batteries especially the one’s required for this type of range.

Coastliner

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Should never have been called a Mustang, these are cars with lovely lines. This is a large SUV not a performance car you would be proud to be seen driving.

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Probably the same reason as that described in “A Funeral for a Ford” on the last Grand Tour for the Mondeo.  People like shit boxey high up things, and Ford are running a business.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford Mustang Mach-E. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!