Ford Service Department Employee (inside man)

Home Forums General Newbie Ford Service Department Employee (inside man)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Andy Hinkley
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I’m Andy, I joined the forum yesterday after being introduced to it by Louie and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I am a keen enthusiast of anything with an engine. Always loved every aspect of cars and motorsport. I’ve worked for Haynes Ford in Maidstone for just over 2 years now. I’ve always had a love for performance fords old and new.

I’m here to keep an eye out for any issues you come across, hopefully shed some light on some of them and ultimately get them resolved for you and report back to Ford to make them aware of the issues.

I’m currently working with Louie to sort the big issue of veering under load at 80mph, early days yet but it’s looking positive.

I’ll try and be as active as I can on here so if you have any questions feel free to ask me or email me at work on a.hinkley@haynesgrp.co.uk

Hopefully myself, Sue (also on here, head of marketing and events) and the rest of the team at Haynes can make your experience with what is an amazing car an even better one.

Thanks

Andy

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Andy, look forward to your posts

Honorary Member

Chinky
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi there

thanks for looking out for us RS owners, Andy!

took delivery yesterday..haven’t had the chance to drive it much yet..waiting for fitting of immobiliser..

i had a minor complaint re bodywork..the petrol flap is ‘ wonky’ !! It doesn’t sit flush against the bodywork, seeing as it is diamond shape, the two acute corners are proud of the body profile, as if there is a warping of that flap.

the dealers assure me that mine wasn’t the only one ( is that a consolation?) and they will pursue what Ford can do for me…

i wonder if anybody has had a similar issue?

Andy Hinkley
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Bobcat

Hi Chinky
    I have seen 2 RS’ with this problem straight off the transporter, one was easily rectified by adjusting the entire filler neck housing assembly. The other has been referred to our bodyshop as it was much further out. When you get a chance put a photo up for me? it might be something I can gauge just on photos alone and advise as best as I can.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Andy is there anyway I can adjust my headlights. I thought by the number of drivers flashing me that they loved my car. But sadly they weren’t the lights are set to high.

Thank in advance

Honorary Member

Andy Hinkley
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bobcat.

Yes there are old school manual adjusters on the headlights. Have a look down the back of the headlight where it meets the end of the cross member, you should see a white cog, about 6-7 inches down the gap, easily adjusted with a 7mm Allen key, anticlockwise to lower them if I remember correctly.

Andy

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Andy will give it a go ?

Honorary Member

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

I see there’s a recall on the Rs, mine has to have the pcm reprogrammed, you can check on etis if yours needs doing

Chinky
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ok, thanks Andy..will try to get the piccie of the flap tomorrow!! ??

Chinky
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Mark

what made you look up recalls for your car anyway?

checked mine with the car registration facility but it just says there’s no info available on my car..

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

Another owner had a letter off his dealer telling him to book his car in

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

Here’s the code

Outstanding Field Service Actions
    16B43 – FOCUS RS – POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) REPROGRAMMING

Chinky
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ok, thnx..was reading reports of all the problems reported so far..

i get the impression they are American….talks about highway etc. A few of them mentioned gear was in ‘ drive’ …. it’s not automatic in the US, is it?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Andy

Pleasure to have you on board, great to have an inside man on the forum I am sure your experience and contacts within Ford will prove invaluable

Cheers

Dom

Missiles
    Participant

England

Just adding onto Andy’s post and introducing myself as Sue – the Marketing person at Haynes Ford referred to above !
    Andy is the technical whizz and a thoroughly good guy – he’ll look after you as far as he can.

As for me – I’ll just plug the fact we want to get out and about with our demo as much as possible and any event recommendations you can give will be great. Likewise I want to host a big event in 2017 here for you guys, and let you come down and see what we are all about (got a great coffee shop on site and enough room to host a decent catering unit for something big) We will be opening up as a FordStore next Spring, so potential for a meet here is huge. Sure you all know we have a big rallycross history and if any of you have seen our Mk 3 demo you’ll know we lent it to a certain Mr Ken Block last April, and it still has his GoPro mounts attached to sunroof and windows. Signed it down the pillar aswell, a totally unique car !!

Follow us on Facebook Haynes of Maidstone (Haynes Ford) and also sign up for news, offers and updates at http://www.KentRS.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford Service Department Employee (inside man). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!