Ford Service Department Employee (inside man)

Home Forums General Newbie Ford Service Department Employee (inside man)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

What a nice fella. I’m not getting the veering issue, was it a problem with the early cars?

Andy Hinkley
    Participant

United Kingdom

Cheers Howsy. At the moment there doesn’t seem to be any logical pattern, we’ve done 3 so far now 2 built in June and 1 built in September. I’ve been keeping an eye on the build dates as Ford will need those if they look to put any sort of FSA (field service action) in place.

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Andy,

Just dropped you an email at work re Stealth Grey Focus RS EO66 GVX

Thanks

Jas

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Collected my RS on the 29th December and yes I had a wonky filler cap. I would have thought this would have been picked up on the PDI or when it was filled with fuel. It closes just about but is not flush with the bodywork and not central.  It has been booked into the workshop next week. Hope it doesn’t involve taking any of the interior out to gain access to rectify the problem Will mention this when I get the dealer feedback form from Ford.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

@davey-f have you got any pictures of the filler cap?

like you say thought they would pick that up as part of the pdi??

alan
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Andy,

Iv had the RS since October (66 plate), I left her sitting for over 4 weeks without being driven. When I did decide to drive it neither of the two keys would open the car. I had to get the manual key out, unlock it, lock it again, then the key fob worked. Is there any explanation for this, like it going into a sleep mode of some sort?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Here are not the best pics of the misaligned filler cap cover.

Hope they come out otherwise will have to log onto A PC

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

@alan,

yes that’s correct I was told by my dealer the car goes into sleep mode after 4 weeks and you use the manual key in the fob to wake the car as you have done. So yes all normal matey nothing to worry about.

j

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

@davey

pics didn’t come up matey

j

alan
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@rsjas070

Thanks for that. I thought that might be the case but wanted to check.

Alan

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Tried to insert images of ill fitting petrol filler flap with out success. States file to large however it fits the criteria –

A. JPEG

B. 1784 KB

C 4032 X 3024

Any suggestions for future pics I may post on the site.

Andy Hinkley – I will email photos to your work address

Ben Woods – can do the same.

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

@Davey-f if you don’t mind send them to woodsey25@hotmail.com want to make sure i am looking out for it when i get mine in a week or so

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Went to the dealer today for assessment of my ill fitting petrol filler flap. I’m not the first customer to notice this as they have had issues with Focus and Fiestas. Basically told that all they could do was to instigate a general customer notice to up above. Nothing has been advised by Ford as to what is causing the problem but it’s not the flap or the hinge – possibly the rubber housing pertruding causing the flimsy plastic flap to buckle under pressure thus pertruding further than normal. They said they could investigate by removing the wheel arch cover and see whether the surround could be adjusted but I would rather grin and bare it for the time being. Ford may get round to providing a fix once they get wind of dissatisfied customers.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

@davey-f sorry our image upload broke for a few days should be ok now

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Kenny – photo download working fine now so posting my wonky filler flap pics as a test.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford Service Department Employee (inside man). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!