Ford Service Department Employee (inside man)

Home Forums General Newbie Ford Service Department Employee (inside man)

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

Will get a photo out sometime but mine’s much worse than that. Its the one thing I noticed whilst checking the bodywork after itd been detailed and I could actually see it. Really protruding! Thats great by comparison mate;) Not that its good of course!

Dave

Erwin Rangel
    Participant

USA

Hey I’m im in new York USA Im not sure if you can help me on my delivery taken to long I have vin number and order code dealer code

Michael Kulp
    Participant

USA

Hi Andy,

Thanks for being here and offering your expertise and tech support – I’m sure I’ll be picking your brain in the future…

400andrising
    Participant

UK - England

@Andy Hinkley regarding the latest PCM update 16B43, a couple of questions for you if you’re able to comment:
    1. Will it wipe the FPM375 map I have on the car – in short, will I need to visit a Mountune dealer to have it re-applied post update, and
    2. To the best of your knowledge (outside the usual blurb Ford post through “official” channels), does this update include anything else other than a revised algorithm to calculate oil service intervals?

The reason I ask question 2 is that I’m seeing multiple posts on other forums reporting:
    – More pops and bangs post-update
    – That the veering issue probably over 50 people have reported now on various forums (and starting to be mentioned on vlogs now) I’m on (ranging from early to late cars so no pattern) has been eliminated.

Appreciate your input!  Cheers.

Missiles
    Participant

England

Hi there,
    We can only track orders that were placed with us at Haynes Ford – your dealer should be able to provide the detail for you ?

Ta !

Andy Hinkley
    Participant

United Kingdom

@400andrising – 1. At the moment it is unclear why it is happening but on some vehicles the FPM375 software is being over written, some remain unaffected. All vehicles with the M380 and Revo maps have needed to return to the tuner. My best advice would be to bring along your Mountune registration pack and if the update does corrupt the map then we can reflash the PCM after carrying out the update.

Long story short – no need to go to mountune, we should be able to flash it here.

2. The update includes nothing other than the revised oil service interval algorithm. Unsure on the reason it may appear otherwise but it is just a single software patch that is applied to the service indicator software. No other part of the PCM software is accessed during the update.

400andrising
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Andy.  It’s strange regarding the update as I’ve seen 3 posts now that claim post-update the car pops and bangs a lot more than before, and also one that claimed the veering issue had been resolved.  I’m chalking it to down to placebo effect for now, as like you say – if it doesn’t access any other part of the car it seems theoretically impossible that any new characteristics could be introduced to the vehicle!

Dave Shade
    Participant

UK - England

I have exactly same issue have you had any joy? Or living with it

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford Service Department Employee (inside man). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!