Ford Waiting Times. Are they to long?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Ford Waiting Times. Are they to long?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

So to summarise my issue, 15 month old Ford Puma purchased new. Started a few weeks ago where it wouldn’t fire, usual clicking noise so assumed flat battery. Got it running and took it for a service and asked them to check out the battery “no problem” I was told when I collected. Next day, wouldn’t start. Purchased a battery charger with a repair mode. Fully charged good to go I thought. Came to it today, less than 12 volts again.

Rang Ford to get it booked in for diagnostics, 4 WEEKS Wait to check it over for the day how rediculas. Is this a normal wait time these days?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, not sure if it applies across the country but here locally a lot of garages/dealerships lost a lot mechanics after being furloughed they have found different jobs altogether. And of course we are in holiday season

Honorary Member

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Problems with Rombat batteries on the Puma, a lot of people changing to Varta or equivalent.  Check out the Puma owners page.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

15 month old purchased new, think I would be pushing a little harder than to what 4 weeks with a car that I can’t use

p-laver
    Participant

Australia

I’d be contacting Ford Customer Service, this doesn’t sound like Ford’s new catch phrase ‘Treat Customers Like Family’

RS order 1st May with Forged option wheels
    Colour Nitrous Blue
    Build date 23rd May 2017
    Shipping Date 22nd June
    ETA Port of Melbourne 31st July 2017…… It’s late!!!! Unloaded on the 10th August

Delivered to Dealer on 23rd August

Picked up from Dealer 26th September

Build Number 24227

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

So my struggles with Ford continue.

3 days before the Puma was due to go to the garage it died completely. Ended up getting it recovered to the garage.

Modules updated, software updated and still the fault remains, every few days the car is dead.

Have Ford customer services involved, Ford credit, the dealership, enterprise rent a car, area manager, Ford technical and countless others. By Monday it will have been in the garage for four weeks without a diagnosis.

If there is no movement next week I will be opening a case to return the vehicle

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ford Waiting Times. Are they to long?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!