Forged at Devil Developments

Home Forums Performance Engine Forged at Devil Developments

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

Quick update. I’ve had my engine forged at Devil Developments 🙂 currently on second half of 1000 mile run in. All running great and looking forward to safely running the 420 slot of my MSD420 map when ready!

Will be making a few more changes with Stu at MSD and pushing up from 420ps soon.

Full list from Devil invoice for those interested, and also had balance shaft delete.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Nice. Im having similar at FJRS so interested to hear your experience. I bet the run in period has been torture.

440bhp

443lbft

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Keep us updated👍 out of curiosity what was the ££££

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Richard33137

Good choice for your Forged build and really good spec

Why not just go back to Devils after the run in period and get a custom tune to suit you car and all it’s mods as you cannot beat a custom tune. Even data logging and getting updates is good but no where near as good as live mapping.

I think Devils Developments also tune and map to the Cobb device. MSD maps are good but getting it live mapped should make a good map an Awesome map.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by white-rs2.

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt run-in hasn’t been too bad to be honest. The process Devil recommended was 500 miles at 3-3.5k rpm, exercising all gears and minimal boost. The oil and filter change (done), and then next 500 miles at 4-4.5k rpm, more boost but not 100% and all gears again etc. I’ve got about 400 miles to go now, and will probably do that in next week and a half. Then final oil and filter change and after that can go for it!

@1234enough
    £3,900 which includes the baffled sump, since originally when quoted last year they were not suggesting that. Since then, they’ve seen some issues with oil starvation so baffled sump mitigates risks around this. Balance shaft removal also recommended as less rotating mass, friction, loss etc. Plus they are just there as something else to go wrong, rotating at double engine rpm etc… yes, some more rattles and vibrations now obviously, but not too bad and not something I cannot put up with for the power benefits longer term 🙂 I have Cobb rear motor mount too, so that also adds extra vibration anyway.

@white-rs2
    not a bad idea that. I could take it back down to Devil and get them to put on dyno and custom map. I may well do this, once I’ve had the final custom map iteration from Stu (had first revision already) and after I’ve got the t-map sensors and upgraded Turbosmart Waste Gate actuator and any map revision needed for these. I will go back to Devil then, and get them to tune further as necessary.

Thanks all!

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

HI MATT WHEN ARE YOU BOOKED IN AT FJRS ???

I AM STILL WATING ON PARTS TO COME IN AT MOUNTUNE (BACK ORDER)

Fully forged running M400x

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@richard31337

I keep thinking about doing this currently on msd420, how long from booking it in did you have to wait ?

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2

I thought devils used msd for the tunes ?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

@Ian Barker hey mate. My car has been with them for a while now. I blew a piston so they have been sorting it for me. They start work on the 26th of this month and should be ready end of that week.

440bhp

443lbft

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy not sure on timescales. My own availability and needing to book days off work to collect car also played a part. I started talking to them over a year ago and then covid put pay to my plans. Anyway I dropped car down on a Saturday and collected on the following Thursday. Devil are 60 miles from me so took some coordination and a hire car as well. Just call Chris and get some available slots and go from there.

regarding MSD they do use these but white-rs2 was referring to the fact they have a dyno, and can tweak maps further and be more specific than with data logs. I will do this as a final step I think. I may also actually take a trip to MSD and do it there since Stu has been such a great help and I’ve had many good chats with him. He really loves what he does and is always happy to share his knowledge for those interested. Devil are great too. Chris is excellent at customer service 🙂

Anyway I’m very pleased with all the progress so far, all very exciting!

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mine is at Devils as we speak to get oversized pistons in it. Should be getting started on Tuesday, so hopefully get it back soon. This will be the third time my engine has been out this year. Twice by myself but i plumbed the actuator incorrectly and over boosted twice and blew the bottom end. Finally swallowed my pride and gave it down to the professionals at Devils. Been off the road since Christmas so can’t wait to get back driving it again🤞🏻🤞🏻

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy

no they don’t they may sell MSD kit as they collaborate with them on such things as the 550 kit, in a similar way Devils work with Matt Lewis doing mapping.
    Lee at Devils has a fantastic reputation in tuning OEM ECUs, Cobb and Syvecs on most platforms

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2

well that’s good to know as there 10 miles from me, he did tweak my revo stage 4 map on my focus rs mk2 , to 420/400.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I really rate Lee at Devils it’s just he’s around 250 miles each way and I’ve done the journey 4 times and it’s a long day.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Forged at Devil Developments. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!