Forged at Devil Developments

Home Forums Performance Engine Forged at Devil Developments

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

@GM that’s an interesting article on break in/running in. I knew some of that but learned a bit. I expect in this case then Devil may have suggested over caution with 1000 mile run in. However the advice for first 500 miles was in line with article.

I’m almost through it now and to be honest a second oil change in another few hundred miles can’t hurt. Still good to read up on this stuff. Thanks!

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

Richard31337, why did you not get MSD to forge the engine? Seeing as your using their maps πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ.
    Also have you looked at Live mapping with stu MSD instead of dyno?

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

@wheely I’m not sure MSD do forging work. I’m sure I asked Stu this…

if by live mapping you mean using the Cobb Access Port then I’ve been doing this with Stu already. Actually I’m on my first revision of the MSD420 map already following sending logs to Stu.

ive also produced some graphs myself from the logs, which are very interesting πŸ™‚

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The Cobb and sending logs is remote mapping it has its place, but live mapping on a dyno and then taken out and finalised on the road is the best real world real loadings real results πŸ‘

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Did you log fuel trims?

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Heard good things about the bw rods, def the way I will go and a very good price

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I got blowby on my evo engine , most annoying as they had to take out pistons and rehone the bores , after that they ran it in for me only like 100 miles I believe , and that engine is still going to strong to this day

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@Richard31337
    How’s the running in going ?

Was your car the white rs devils posted on there Facebook page ?

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Hi @robroy

I cannot check Facebook as I’m not on it, and the page I found on Google may not be the right one πŸ™‚ However, I can see a pic of my car was posted on their Instagram account. I saw the guy take the pic at the time and thought it would be posted somewhere, so I guess I was right.

It’s going good thanks! All run in now, and had second oil and filter change. I’ve been working with Stewart at Motorsport Developments over the last week and short story is it’s all running well with the MSD420 map πŸ™‚ He’s literally just sent me a further revision with 3 degrees advance as the base because he can see that would be a safe place to be based upon my logs. He really is a good chap, and I hope to meet him in person at some point in the future, just too far away unfortunately.

Very happy πŸ™‚

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@richard31337

How was your dealings with Devils I have decided to get mine done now,Β  I have had a quote from Hendy Performance they build in house and the customer service is good there , did you deal with Lee , does he build them ??

I was going to private message you but can’t seem to do that on this site πŸ˜•

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy

I dealt with Chris at Devil. His customer service is excellent. They have several mechanics. It was not Lee who rebuilt my motor, but I forget the name of the guy who did.

I am overall very happy with Devil. There was one thing which was not quite right (will not go into details here since it was an honest mistake) and what is more important is that they apologised and made it right. I only mention it because it demonstrates that their customer service is excellent. I would be happy to recommend them!

If you want to email me, my address is my username on this forum AT gmail dot com

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Forged at Devil Developments. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!