FORScan software

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU FORScan software

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

greyghost
    Participant

USA

Has anyone tried the FORScan software? It is worth the small cost to see all the modules, complete data on you car, plus a lot more.
    Check out their web site and Forum.

I was  able to add climate control to the screen, and TPMS readings. The climate controls are OK, but it is really nice to see actual tire pressure real time.
    This will really help during track days this spring and summer. I am still looking at the module data to see what  can be changed with out messing up  the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2016 SG RS2 Forged wheels in my garage.

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

How did you add the climate to the screen? And the tyre pressures

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I think he means on your phone, it’s a software app costs about £4.99

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

adw
    Participant

UK - England

The phone functionality is quite limited. Ive used the windows version of forscan on my st a while ago and is a great piece of kit, even the free version.

There is a post on another forum with a how to on adding the climate control to sync 3 a few days ago.

@greyghost
    please could you supply the codes to enable? I’m sure a lot will be interested here

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

What cable/device are people using with FORScan? Is there a list anywhere of functions you can enable/disable with it for our cars?

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@masrs I’ve enabled climate on screen and automatic locking at speed I’m using my laptop running Windows 10 with the latest version of forscan

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

@porter2411 what cable/device are you using with it? Are you able to disable the fake engine noise too? I need to get the auto-locking sorted.

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

It can be done I know that but I don’t know how yet. The auto locking is easy to enable here is what I have

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162199978849

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @porter2411 – do you have the instructions page on how to enable autolocking? I’ve signed up for FORScan forums but can’t see it? I just want to see how easy it is before I commit to the cable.

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Also, do you require the extended license to make the changes?!

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I bought one of these, but I’m totally confused about what software, drivers, etc to use, e.g. I don’t know if FORScan and ELMConfig are alternatives or work together?

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah man you need the extended license but it’s easy to set up 🙂

@rs77
    it’s easy to use just make sure you have an extended license on forscan mine works flawlessly

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @porter2411 – I’m interest to know what other features it can unlock! TPMS info looks interesting, @greyghost are you able to provide any further insight of what you have found?

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

No problem @masrs I enabled it on my old mans mk5 Mondeo so the pressures come up on the dash now id like this function on the RS too but need to look more into the As Built data

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

@porter2411 – I’ve applied for the extended licence. While I’m waiting, what codes do you use for the autolocking. Not very clear on other sites. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to FORScan software. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!