FPM375 .. insurance

Home Forums Performance General FPM375 .. insurance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

A Faraday cage for your wallet? Great idea.

Aidya
    Participant

UK - England

Had my car three weeks just remembered I forgot to declare the mountune 375 kit rung them up 20 minutes on the phone extra £8.50 ??

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Mine was 460 last year renewal due 650

clean licence

garage

full no claims

lottery postcode

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

9designs – did you declare the LSD? If so, any insurance change?

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

He hasn’t had it fitted yet

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yep not booked in until 1st of Feb.   Hadn’t even thought about listing it.  Not sure Aviva will have the faintness idea what I’m talking about,  probably get me arrested for illegal drugs LOL

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

ada205
    Participant

UK - England

9designs You mite be ok as I’m with Aviva with both the RS and scooby. The Impreza is heavily modified and they took it on no issues though I don’t have any transmission mods.

For the record, I’m 43, never made a claim in 25 years of driving, and Aviva charge me £220 a year for the RS which has no mods yet, no added security and lives outside.

2016 mk3 Focus RS, 2004 Impreza STI, Pug 205gti Dimma.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

My first year Renewal has came threw and it was £598 plus tax. I rang to have a moan they re-did it and came back with £505 plus tax quiet happy as cheaper than my first years premium.

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Garaged

Old git 53

Ghost and Disklock

9 years protected ncd

clean licence

£500 with Direct Line and they were the cheapest,£800 Esure Ford £900 and i live in reasonable area.

Former RS Edition owner

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

I’ll be back with Admiral Multicar from 01/03. Was with them 9 years, always cheapest for 2 sons but expensive last year and wouldn’t haggle. AVIVA were good for 12 months but try Confused.com Admiral came out cheapest on 2/3 individual car quotes. Multicar policy price-matched and beat best individual prices and plus a further 20% discount overall. Legal protection, personal injury, courtesy car, protected NCD, 5* De Facto policy. OK postcode, 55, 25+ no claims, no claims or convictions, garaged 375, extra security on RS.

RS £288 with me, wife, son (26) and daughter in law (27). Ladies reduced premium big time after son boosted it.

Qashqai £175

i30 £338 son (23 3 points)

Looks like Admiral got their act together again. Aviva wanted £1040. Getting quotes is a ball ache but I would recommend Admiral Multicar again. You can get an online multicar quote now but don’t try adding mods, it will fail and then you have to repeat it all over again in a 1 hour + phone call.

Ray Green
    Participant

UK - England

Just got myself an Edition after a few STs . It’s a great step up but after a bit of research the FPM375 sounds like a no brainer.

I’ve tried various insurance companies to check before going for it but the only real success I’ve had so far is Aviva, £580 standard (£60 more than my best standard quote) and £620 after. The other 6 or 7 I’ve tried have either said no, or double or triple normal price. I’ve had to do the usual gocompare or confused sites, not declare it or they were coming out at in the 10s of £ks, and the call them after to discuss. I’m slightly concerned in case Aviva hike their price on renewal (as most do) next year and then I’m cornered. Looking at the other posts am I doing something wrong?

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

My premium went up significantly this year (25%). After shopping around cheapest i could manage was 540 thats with 375 and aĺl other mods covered too

ada205
    Participant

UK - England

Ray Green… Although prices seem to vary so much, all I can say is Aviva have been great for me. Maybe just my area but always cheapest by miles.

Regarding premium renewal, seems to be just as big a lottery as postcodes but I’ve had the scooby with them for 4 years now on a multicar policy and it’s gone up from £340 for first year to £380 four years later.

Ade.

2016 mk3 Focus RS, 2004 Impreza STI, Pug 205gti Dimma.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

£550 for me, multicar policy with Aviva. That includes my RS, parked on drive and partners 2013 Focus zetec also parked outside.

No mods, yet.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

I was with “quote me happy”

(aviva online basically)

let them know about my additional security , no change to quote, mentioned my FPM375, was told unless I take it off the car they won’t insure me, Really ,bye bye quote me happy , gone with LV, and £9 cheaper with mods declared  ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to FPM375 .. insurance. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!