FPM375 with or without SSC?

Home Forums Performance General FPM375 with or without SSC?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Paul_S
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

after a bit of advice, I have the FPM375 on order, dealer is quoting extra hour to fit SSC if I do it later, just wanted to know if I should opt for the dealer fitting the SSC at the same time? Interested to know what anyone else has experienced with or without the SSC. From what I’ve read it doesn’t seem to affect all cars or is this just a personal preference? For those that have had the noise after the FPM375 fitted how bad/annoying is it?

Thanks

Mountune 375

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

I had FPM375 fitted without a SSC.  6 weeks later I got one fitted as the whistling did my head in.  With hindsight I wish I’d gone one fitted at FPM install.  That’s my experience but we’ll all differ.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

Norbert
    Participant

UK - England

It would seem that the whistling is common without the SSC . My take would be to have it fitted day 1 with the FPM as without a ramp ,SSC can be a tricky fit. No doubt someone will say it is easy to do but I would get the dealer to do the job and all will be well (and warrantied).

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

The noise is not great , some like it i didn’t after 2 weeks of starting up star ship enterprise I got ssc fitted and 100% better imo….

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Have the lot fitted altogether.

Fully forged running M400x

r5-yyh
    Participant

UK - England

My dealer fitted for me for free i just paid for the part

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Any decent dealer would fit for free as its situated pretty much next to the air recirculation valve thats upgraded as part of the FPM375.  Tell him to stop being a twat – it takes all of two minutes to fit.

paulmichael
    Participant

UK - England

I purchased my 2018 RS and had the FPM375 fitted after 45 miles and noticed the “howling” noise on start up straight away. I could also hear a similar but much muted noise on light throttle openings. Last week I had the sound suppression chamber fitted at Stoneacre Ford York for £100 part/fitting with the mileage at around 2300. What a difference it has made, so much quieter on start up and driving. I had not realised how intrusive the light throttle opening noise had been even though it was very much muted compared to the start up noise. My advice is to get the SSC fitted when the FPM375 is being installed.   Regards.

Paul_S
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers guys thanks for the feedback, will opt for getting SSC fitted at the same time as FPM375

Mountune 375

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to FPM375 with or without SSC?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!