French Ford dude

Home Forums General Newbie French Ford dude

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Toniciano
    Participant

France

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join !

I prepared a nice first post aaaaand… everything was erased T_T lucky…

Let me present myself this time again, I’m living close to Versailles (west of Paris area) and I’m now the owner of a Glacier white mk3 RS.

I was planning to get a Performance pack 2018 version, but the French taxes are so high for new cars (more or less, 13k€) that I got myself a 2016 version with the options I wanted (Recaro, comfort pack, sunroof…). Lacking the front Quaife but it could be some future upgrade.

To have a short summary about my Ford experience: I’m a Ford guy since a long time, one of my first cars was a… Cougar V6 which was cheap and had a really sweet engine. You cannot get this elasticity with little 3-pots nowadays.

Also, I was a Ford employee in Germany since I worked for Getrag-Ford Transmissions (at Köln) before working in France 2 years ago. After some long time without a Ford sport car, I got a Fiesta ST 182 which was “Mountuned” with MP215 and exhaust kits, this car was so much fun. I had some good cars in the past (RS4, M3s, Z06, Exige etc..) but the Fiesta was definitely one of my top 3 favourites.

After selling the Fiesta, it was a no brainer to get a new Ford with the mk3 RS. Now it’s waiting for head gasket replacement recall in December, and after that I plan to install a Mountune M380 kit, shifter and a Milltek exhaust.

Glad to join in 😉

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome, wow what a fantastic introduction ?congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Nice pics thanks for sharing. Another one for the bda White Team?

Honorary Member

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Hello and welcome you French Ford dude!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Toniciano

Hello and welcome to the Club mate!! Nice introduction and a lovely looking Motor!! Nice to see another White one on the roads!! ??..!! Definitely the best colour….. Haha!! Do you have  some good roads over there?? Enjoy pal and happy RS’ing!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice Toniciano, look good with the std wheels in the dark grey.  Now if we can only get Brembo to keep his that clean ! Eh Bob ?!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

faber
    Participant

France

Bienvenu ami parisien  belle blanche,est belle photos.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Yes bda, but brembo won’t stop driving it to clean it ?

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@toniciano

Nice looking car nice intro and welcome to the Mk3 fold ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Toniciano
    Participant

France

Thanks mates 😉

Very nice roads around here indeed, I’m a couple of kilometers away of what is called “Vallée de Chevreuse” which has some of the greatest roads of Northen France. If you want to play around this is a must-go, good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYh_VgBx5o

I’m a little scared that my Ford dealer is able to properly do the head gasket recall, I went for one which has already done other RS so let’s keep positive and hope that everything will be well 😀 !

faber
    Participant

France

Salut, sa fais 10 mois que  j ai fais la campagne de rappel RAS tout va bien ainsi que la mise a jour UE qui métamorphose la RS complètement.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Salut, sa fais 10 mois que  j ai fais la campagne de rappel RAS tout va bien ainsi que la mise a jour UE qui métamorphose la RS complètement.

Hi, it’s been 10 months since I did the RAS reminder campaign everything is fine as well as the EU update which is transforming the RS completely.

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

Apologies mate, I feel like I’m letting down Team White RS now, lol!! I shall indeed pull my socks up and promise to try harder in the future!! Haha!!

@bobcat

Yeah your right mate, it’s hard to keep your car clean when your constantly driving it, especially this time of year!! But I shall try!! Lol!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, I can’t shout mines filthy too, just not had the time to clean it ?

Honorary Member

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Hope you’re keeping your car safe. Some of those protests in France are looking very nasty.

A friend of mine posted a video on FB yesterday of a Boxster being destroyed by an angry mob….beware of the hooligans!

That car was white too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to French Ford dude. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!