front parking sensors

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling front parking sensors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

pgregory
    Participant

UK - England

not sure what forum to put this in tbh

i am surprised that there are no front parking sensors fitted

or it is not offered as an option

i am always worried when i park the car front wards that i will prang the bumper lip

has anybody got any experience of having front sensors being fitted?

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I wouldn’t mind some front sensors i just wouldn’t know how to go about getting them fitted aftermarket.

pgregory
    Participant

UK - England

so surprised that nobody else on these forums

havent done this before

tichy-cosworth
    Participant

UK - Wales

Ford can fit them if you ask them

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

They’ll probably cost a fair bit though to get fitted by ford

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Generally the 4 front or rear parking sensors come in standard black plastic finish.

So the first job is the get the body shop to paint them your body colour. then the body shop to strip off the front bumper and drill 4 holes into it fit it all together and you’ll just end up with a bleep to a buzzer sound.

It wont be linked to the sync and its around £300 +vat (the kit costs about £48)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I think it might be possible to sync using something like Forscan. So then when nudging forward slowly the canbus system will activate the sensors…… But I wouldn’t want to drill through my front bumper trim to fit these. Also, surely it’s a case of using your judgment when manoeuvring, parking, etc. With respect, you shouldn’t drive an RS if you can’t judge distances in front of the car.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Not about not being able to judge the distance in front of your car if you can’t do that then you shouldn’t drive any car. Some people might just want them the car comes with rears

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

That’s the point I was making. If you can judge the distance in front of you….. Rears are much more useful because they are behind you – obvious really. LOL!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Do any Ford Focus Mk3 come factory installed with front sensors and with a sync unit 2 / 3 ? Titanium x ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I have no problem with reverse parking and never have i probably find it easier than parking front ways tbh as you can use your side mirrors to avoid curbing, so front sensors would be more useful to me than rears

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Front parking sensors uses an engine bay wiring harness with the additional wiring for the front sensors. This type of harness is usually not installed on vehicles without front parking sensors. If the front sensor wiring is missing you either have to replace the complete engine bay wiring harness or make the missing wiring yourself.
    Front parking sensor also requires the 6 front parking sensors and the lower grille to accomodate 2 of the front sensors.
    The parking sensors are connected to the PAM module (Parking Assistance Module). The PAM module is a CANbus module that monitors the parking sensors and transmits the data to the FCDIM (display). Front & rear parking sensors have a different type of PAM module than rear only parking sensors. When retrofitting the front parking sensors the PAM module also needs to be replaced.

Without the wiring and front sensors connected a PAM module that supports both front and rear parking sensors generates DTC codes and disables the complete parking sensor system.

After front parking sensors are retrofitted it is a relative small step to also retrofit the Active Park Assist (autoparking) functionality. Next to the front & rear parking sensors the Active Park Assist system only requires the correct switch assembly with autoparking button and 2 different rear ABS sensors (Autoparking uses different ABS sensors which recognise the rotating direction of the wheels).

After all parts are installed you only have to reconfigure the particular settings in the Central Car Configuration of the car. This can be done with a suitible diagnostic system. For example a generic ELM327 interface and the free FoCCCus or Forscan software.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/98037-front-parking-sensor-on-focus-mk3/

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

johns RS MK3
    Participant

United Kingdom

i wonder if you can obtain a harness and modules from a titanium x being broken

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

It,s not the judging distance but the height of the kerbs is the problem ,keep scraping the splitter on them ggrrrr.

Former RS Edition owner

pgregory
    Participant

UK - England

exactly the main reason i wanted them

now thinking of get a cheap dashcam with a rear camera and using the rear camera fitted on the front grill

just need to suss out where in the bulkhead i can put the wires though to the cabin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to front parking sensors. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!