Front seats

Home Forums Performance General Front seats

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Willy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi.
    Does anybody else Find the front seats very uncomfortable 🤔. I have the standard Recaro ones at present.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I thought they were ok on the two test drives back in 2016, but found them a wee bit too ‘puffy’ and if  I got in the car with my North Face nuptse on i was really puffy !! plus the mrs could not get comfy on the passenger seat as the upper bolsters were kinda uncomforatble on the back of her arms and I think the ‘arse gap’ between the lower bolsters felt a bit tight and would probably suit a slim jim sub 14 stone guy, and the fact the side bolsters always pushed in my kidneys !! So I plumped for the shell seats in the end

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@willy, I find them very comfortable. When I first got the car I only had it a week and then went on a 1000 + holiday not a problem with them for me 😺👍

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcats a slim beast….

😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

I find them comfortable, but my misses is always moaning about them and has now resulted to bringing a cushion with her every time we go out in the car.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

As a daily driver having  clocked 32k at 13 stone, I have had no issues whatsoever. The winter pack is a must in rural North Yorkshire.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, 😹😹😹 lightweight too 👍

you know me to well😂😂😂

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

17.5 Stone Fat fooker here and I love the Standards!. Yes tight but I like it that way!.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I’m 6’1 and 18 stone – no issues here, snug fit but all good!

faber
    Participant

France

For my part I have the standards they are great, on the MK2 I had the shells really not comfortable and especially fragile.
    After it is necessary for all tastes.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I test drove one with standard seats, 6ft 1 and 13 stone so definitely fall into the slim Jim category however I found them awkward to get comfortable in. More the side bolsters and my left arm when changing gear. They did feel nice and snug though.

It was maybe that I didn’t adjust wheel, seating position enough to get it right as I just jumped in the car at a service station after the dealer put £5 of fuel in it lol it was busy so I just jumped in and went.

In the end I went with my gut feeling for shell seats as I prefer the look of them however they don’t hug you like the standards. Shame there’s no adjustability in the shells 🤷🏻‍♂️

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Im 20 Stone 6ft and find i can never settle in the standard ones… they are much better than the shells, but still cant settle… So far on my seat hunt for two replacements the Sparco eco XL’s are mint…. sat in them, in an EVO.. But not sure i like the XL reminder every time i go to sit in the car! 🤣

All this covid shite is making it hard trying the seats! And I’m funnelling all my disposable cash into making it a little faster 😈

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

For the additional cost I personally think the shells are overpriced especially when you consider how they wear if your not careful getting an and out. I had the shells in the Mk2 and thats the main reason why I decided the standard seats were better for me,

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Sparco Evo!

gingerninja777
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Have my rs a year now and its my daily driver, came with shell seats. Iv back problems  ( pins and rods due to missing vertebrae) and nerve damage in left leg, found the shell seat angle and height so uncomfortable after months of putting up with it I finally went to breakers yard and bought a standard mk3 focus seat wih the lumbar support and been amazing the difference in comfort And height adjustment , i have seat cover on drivers anyway so cant tell. i put up with the extra pain as i love driving the car but now the change of seat has made a world of difference and its no longer painful to change gear, i realise my circumstances are different to most people but reason im posting is to say if your not happy with your choice of seat a standard focus seat bolts straight in, only difference is going from shell to standard i had to sort airbag light which took 1min.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Front seats. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!