Front seats

Home Forums Performance General Front seats

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Ahhh, the good old seat debate…😂

I sat in both and found them both comfortable.

I went for the standard seats as they sit a little lower and as I keep the car in a narrow garage, those shell bolsters would last 5 mins.

I’ve travelled a few journeys with 200+ miles (and use the car as a daily) and never found the seats uncomfortable.

I’m a slim build (5’10”, 11.5 st) so maybe that helps.

One thing I did notice though, it took me a good couple of months before I found the ideal seating/steering wheel relationship. Maybe play around with that…???

NB FPM375

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@stu-c my main problem is i only drive it at weekends… and going from a berlingo van that i don’t fit in to the RS is strange 🤣🤣 (really need to get my arse in gear and get a new van! bought it temporary almost 2 years ago 🤣🤣)

My wife’s ST line Kuga seats are really nice, but corner hard and its a toss up between falling out of the seat or tipping it over! 🤣

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ginge, I thought you only had issues fitting shell seats into a car which had the puffies in? taking shells out as they have no airbags should not affect the car

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

Gareth, I know what you mean. My mrs’ CMax seats are really comfy but don’t go round a bend faster than walking speed otherwise you’re in the hedge!

NB FPM375

GlennRS
    Participant

UK - England

A portly everyday user with standard seats, no issues after 3 years of ownership. Tried shell seats before ordering and decided they were too harsh for everyday use…….besides, then managed to add the winter pack whilst awaiting delivery…..!

So, what can I say, I’m older and like my creature comforts………!!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

@GlennRS

Did you say comfy seats……….

May the Ford be with you

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Custom shells

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Yorkirs  I’m loving that leather 2 Sofa don’t look like you can press the reclin button , ha ha 🤣🤣🤣

gingerninja777
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

71-bda , no real issue as such but the standard seat i put in has an airbag and the loom side that connect from car to seat when connected obviously picked up the airbag connection on seat that isnt there on shell seat so i think its why it put the airbag light on, i just disconnected the airbag plug on seat Side as i thought was quicker than getting laptop out to enable it on forscan

Willy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks everyone.
    appreciate the suggestions, I find them comfy. But another person in the household was struggling 🤔🤔. She shall remain nameless 😂. Now she’s spent time adjusting the seat to suit the issue is all but resolved 🥳🥳

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Front seats. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!