Front Windscreen Misting

Home Forums Performance General Front Windscreen Misting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

I’ve noticed, and its random, my front windscreen is misting. Most noticeable in the dark.

It starts off showing the shape of the windscreen blowers on the glass, then works its way up the whole front screen. When I put the ac on, hot or cold, it only clears the bottom half of the screen whilst the top half is still misty.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. There doesn’t seem to be any signs of coolant loss.

It could be a matrix issue, but the car is brand new.

I’m going to give the glass a thorough clean at the weekend, but just seeing if anyone had had this issue

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

With AC used, it pulls all the moisture out of the air within the car. Once the AC is turned off you then get flooded with moist air and this hits the glass and you get misted glass.

Using the AC it’s either on constant or if it’s only really hot or really cold as a heater, using it on, off, on, off, etc will cause the cabin to mist up, due to the ingress of moist air.

As for the pattern heated moist air rises, so the top of the screen will take much longer than the base to clear.

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks white. It happened about 20 mins ago and its like 22 degrees outside! I’ve just given the front screen a good clean to see if that helps.

I can still see the suction cup marks from the  factory fitting machine which was interesting to see!

Checked coolant, all seems OK, so watch this space

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Noted the same but to a lesser degree than you describe. My AC is left switched on, and noted 2 small misted patches at the bottom of the screen when driving from Leeds to Scotland earlier this week. Was very humid outside, but not sure that would have had a bearing on it. Nothing to worry about, I’m sure. Keep us posted though as your misting sounds to be more extensive.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

After a clean it seems to have settled down a bit. Its still there, but just not as bad. Cracking the windows down a little bit each day to dry out any potential dampness.

Just waiting for a colder day to see if it still occurs.

Mods:

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Unfortunately the window is misting again! However, lightly, but still reduces vision in the dark. Had the A/C on and was still slightly misty.

This cant be normal. Might have to take it to dealer, but really cba for them to take it off me for days on end until they ‘find’ the cause.

Coolant is still ok.
    No unusual smells.
    Not yet checked the cabin filter.

Mods:

shadowspectre
    Participant

UK - England

I have had this, and I agree it is worse in the dark, I figured because it is colder outside as my old Mondeo used to do it in Winter. I was driving around and had the heaters on to try and clear it and after about half an hour it was too hot in the car so I turned the temp right down but without A/C and it cleared straight away. It’s a pain to be honest.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

The trick ive found… Turn the quick clear feature for the front windscreen. Does clear it a lot better than the A/C. Tried it out today, but it switches itself off after 5 mins, then it fogs up again! grrr!

Going to check the quality of the cabin filter tonight.

Mods:

shadowspectre
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I have resorted to the same thing as keep putting the temp up and down was really annoying. Let us know about the cabin filter because it is really annoying. I don’t like sitting at idle with the quick clears on all the time because the idle is even lower than normal and the car judders a bit.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

So I took the cabin filter out. And I don’t know if it’s good or bad. The thing is filthy. Now I don’t know much about the filter on these cars, but the pics are just after 2,000 miles of use.

Is this normal?

Mods:

shadowspectre
    Participant

UK - England

from a quick google search it doesn’t seem that bad but unfortunately that is my only experience with a cabin filter.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

I’m still having this problem. I have even put special hydrophobic coating on the windscreen and it’s still bad, especially in the dark. Anyone else had any experience with this issue?

Mods:

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

It’s Autumn, your screen is going to mist. It’s colder at night: colder means more mist. Google ‘Physics’ or try holding your breath.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

A classic Howseyism there !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Jesus, Mike. Did they do an RS for eight-year-olds?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Front Windscreen Misting. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!