Fuel consumption

Home Forums Performance Fuel Fuel consumption

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Hastings to Eastbourne and back (probably getting on for 40 miles). Mixed roads of town, national speed limit and a small stretch of dual.

Normal mode, air-con off, short shifting and below 2,000rpm as much as possible. Averaged 32mpg on way out and settled at 31mpg by the time we got back. Air-con was on for the return trip.

Better than I thought, but really…….you shouldn’t have to drive anything quite so sedate let alone an RS.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

scott.t after the first year of blatting around in it I’ve calmed down a bit for my licence’s sake, I think when you are always driving it hard you kind of get used to the power and start to think ” I need more, what map shall I get?” now I cruise around getting 32mpg and still have the odd flat out burst of torque and find I then think ” ooh, actually that is quite fast, think I will leave it std!!” its actually nice tootling around on feather light throttle instead of looking like a right boy racer W@n&e£ to non-car folk  !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Just done 1002miles in a week on holiday had 20miles range left from 3 tankful’s. So in effect three tankful’s to 1000miles.

Coastliner

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fuel consumption. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!