Fuel gauge.

Home Forums Performance General Fuel gauge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

Fuel gauge shows a quarter of a tank but range says near enough zero. Only had the car a week but I think I no the answer to the question. Is it faulty? And when I shut the boot there’s a sound like something sliding in the boot lid. Any common issue with bits dropping off inside and causing this? Thanks.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I think thats a common problem with the boot, im sure someone posted a fix for it. Not sure about the fuel gauge. Whenever mine goes below half i always think it emptys way quicker than the from full to half.

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

This sounds like the fixings on the spoiler have come loose, has been common on a few cars but not had it on mine fortunately. The fuel gauge issue I have never heard of, I would fill it to the brim and see how much it takes and then work out approximately what was left when it showed a quarter of a tank. It’s a process of elimination.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Jay, what is the mpg showing? When you fill up with petrol re-set the mpg. It is possible that if the mpg is low (18mpg or less) the reading might/could show the range as zero.

Honorary Member

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

I picked up car last Monday. When I did the fuel showed quarter of a tank but 40 miles of range. I reset the mpg when I filled it up that night. But got over a quarter of a tank left and it’s saying I’ve got 60 miles at minute. Might just try me luck tonight and take it out and see if I can get the needle to go down further. Just take a Jerry can out with me. I’ll have a work with garage about spoiler fixings. Thanks guys.

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

@Jay Love, I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the fuel gauge and just the car looking at pervious mpg, then estimating the remaining fuel left in the tank.

Scroll though the central display and look for the average mpg, my guess is that it’s low, hence the 60 miles left at quarter of a tank.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fuel gauge.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!