Fuel shortage issues

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Fuel shortage issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

As the title suggests, anyone experiencing fuel supply problems! I’m on the south coast near Brighton and no fuel at most places, those with fuel have queues numbering hundreds of cars!

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Nope. No issue local to me. Filled up both cars this week and didn’t queue at all. Out yesterday morning and my local tesco had a small queue but nothing major.

Suspect it’s very regional though

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Absolutle nightmare for my area. Desperate for vpower or similar but nothing about.

440bhp

443lbft

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah bad in Cambridgeshire and further into East Anglia.

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Terrible in the Surrey area around Epsom and Leatherhead, driving around like Miss Daisy……

Pauly Paul
    Participant

The shortage seems to be around the southern areas of our isles ,as indicated by our wonderful PM , hence the reason he’s calling in the army for help , up hear in the west we seem to be on a slight recovery queues all but gone ain’t filled for about 12 days , just popped in today to top up & not gone overboard just what I need , good luck all your quest for fuel ⛽️. 👍👍

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

The fury road is not there yet, neither the war rig. But the writing on the wall was there for ages: lorry driver crisis in all Europe, even here in Switzerland. Maybe somebody should suggest to the national PMs the installation of a proper driver apprenticeship amongst natives and the payment of decent wages. Cheap workers from the Balkans is not a solution. But solutions for crises  – no matter what nature – have always one common denominator: too late.

Cheers chaps, have a nice monday 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

For years now the government of the day have pushed university to the forefront of education. What we really need is apprenticeships in all manner of skills both in manufacturing and building and now in the distribution network. We can’t all be chiefs we need Indians as well.

Coastliner

Pauly Paul
    Participant

apprenticeships should be made mandatory like national service was ( yes I know giving my age away ) , but if careers optional for youngsters with apprenticeship in as apart of the skill base we’re mandatory, not only would they learn the skills & get paid a wage , this country would have a better economic future . 👍👍

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@coastliner: I fact, at the EuroSkills 2021 in Graz the top medallists were 1. Russia, 2. Austria, 3. France, 4. Switzerland. No mention at all about the British participants. Time to catch up I think 😉

And no, millennials won’t help. They can only communicate via videos on FB and IG. My hope bears on the GenZ 😀

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

BTW: The Generation Alpha is in the starting blocks:

Note: the name is Giuseppe not Greta

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Finally got vpower today after waiting since Wednesday. Time for blast now i dont have to worry if I’ll make it home.

440bhp

443lbft

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Filled up yesterday with 50 litres (Momentum) at my local Tesco after just a 10/12 min wait. No limit. Hopefully things are improving albeit slowly. Surrey🤞

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk

Doesn’t that prove my point.!

Coastliner

Mad Dad
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like its mainly the southeast judging by the replies on here, improving though so hopefully come weekend can get some Vpower or Tesco momentum and blow the cobwebs away! Currently buzzing around in the Mrs Fiesta ST as she has 3/4 of a tank, picking up and dropping her and the son off, fun car but not an RS!

Good luck and stay safe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fuel shortage issues. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!