Full Blown Motorsports Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade

Home Forums Performance Forced Induction Full Blown Motorsports Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Full Blown Motorsports in the USA been actively testing different turbo combinations on their demo 2016 Focus RS and they think they have found a combo that they are satisfied with. This setup is good to 550+whp. The car is tuned with Cobb on E85 using our secondary injector kit and the FBM 750hp intercooler. Note the car is still on the stock motor and stock Clutch.

FBM Ford Focus RS spec

-OEM Motor

-FBM Stage 1 Turbo kit — GTX30 with 3″ downpipe ** Price and Info TBA

-Full Blown Ford Focus RS Secondary Fuel Injector Kit

-Full Blown Ford Focus RS 750hp Intercooler

-Tuned On COBB with E85

Future plans in the works, FBM Stage 1 Shortblock, FBM Stage 2 turbo upgrade 600+HP

Turbo Upgrade

Power Graph

andywalk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sounds exciting ?

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’m having  an engine rebuild from day 1 and this has really caught my eye

I’ve just had a delivery date of Nov….i may have got the timing spot on ??

dmcracing
    Participant

Ireland

Is the drive train fit for this power?

MJP Custom 2.0ltr stroked  Forged megabuild on meth injection

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Popular opinion is probably not in standard format…..I am  sure upgrades will follow soon

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Chatted to the guys there today, very interesting what they are planning….

Working their way through the car over time including all the internals, drive train fuelling clutch diffs and so on

Hopefully the turbo kits will be in production  in around 2 months time

bludrgn
    Participant

USA

I’ll be installing this kit next week. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Turbo kit 1

Performance Mods: FBM built engine, Full Blown Motorsports Turbo Kit, ETS Intercooler and Charge Pipes, TiAL Wastegates and BoV, Denso ITV22 Plugs, FBM Flex Fuel Port Injection, ETS Titanium Exhaust, UPR Catch Can w/ Mountune Breather Plate, Xtreme Twin Disc clutch, Omni Power MAP sensor, Syvecs Engine Management
    Suspension: KW V3 Coilovers, Steeda Rear Sway Bar
    Exterior: Xpel PPF on front clip, Modesta BC-05 and BC-06
    More than 515whp / 467ft lb

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Love it…thought I was going to be the 1st but well done

post thread please ?

bludrgn
    Participant

USA

Pat, you’re going to be running this kit too? You already have one?

Performance Mods: FBM built engine, Full Blown Motorsports Turbo Kit, ETS Intercooler and Charge Pipes, TiAL Wastegates and BoV, Denso ITV22 Plugs, FBM Flex Fuel Port Injection, ETS Titanium Exhaust, UPR Catch Can w/ Mountune Breather Plate, Xtreme Twin Disc clutch, Omni Power MAP sensor, Syvecs Engine Management

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

My kit still ain’t ready yet

the tuner says they are  still waiting for the inlet manifokd that will house the additional injectors

My turbo is now the tubers own development kit which runs off a brand new Syvecs ECU  that runs everything

my car has been “in the shop” since November… the job list has increased dramatically lol

bludrgn
    Participant

USA

Have you considered running Full Blown’s port injection kit? I’ve been running since December and it works very, very, well. Would allow you to run the additional injectors.

Out of curiosity which intake manifold are you going to that will have the port injectors built in?

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’d have to look it up on the tuners spec sheet

I’m not at home at present

ill certainly pass your thoughts on to him though

?

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

I see you too are running the Syvecs management system…..how are you finding it ? good points and bad points please ?

My spec sheets states Breedt for the inlet manifold…Im waiting on tuners thoughts

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

I spoke to “Full Blown” as you can see earlier in the thread but I found a UK company that was producing their own big turbo kit and who were the main agent/developer with Syvecs….I have to admit that its function and control poses more questions than answers for someone like me brought up on points and carbs !!

bludrgn
    Participant

USA

The Syvecs overall has been a great addition to the car. If you’re going big turbo (and hence port injection) I HIGHLY recommend it. Using it you’ll have much better control over the fueling compared to using the stock ECU with a piggyback. Because everything is under the control of a single ECU, you’ll also be able to benefit from all of the protections that Syvecs provides.

Additional benefits are improved launch and traction control, the ability to do TRUE flex fuel, Antilag, Rolling Antilag, etc.  Pretty much the sky is the limit.

From a negatives standpoint, you’ll probably spend a bit more in tuning costs initially getting everything sorted compared to a Cobb flash and piggyback. All things considered, I’m incredibly happy with the ECU and  would recommend it. As Ryan and the team at Syvecs keeps adding features it will only get better.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Full Blown Motorsports Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!