G4 DDS Nitrous Blue RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars G4 DDS Nitrous Blue RS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

G4DDS
    Participant

UK - England

Here’s mine – only had it since mid November but done nearly 1200 miles! It’s only had a very quick clean (as it was absolutely filthy) so it may not be up to the high standards of some of you guys but at least it gave me the chance to fit the replacement washer jets and shark fin aerial

Shark fin aerial and washer jets are from PAINTMODZ (you’ll find them on facebook) and for those interested in the designer plates they are from Fourdot (https://www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk). If you want the plates with the RS logos (like mine) then you need to contact them directly and they will custom design them for you.

Body Coloured Washer Jets

(Continued in next post)

G4DDS
    Participant

UK - England

(continued from above)

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I like the washer jets and the shark fin, can you let us know where you got them from please. And was the shark fin difficult to fit?

Coastliner

G4DDS
    Participant

UK - England

PAINTMODZ – find them on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/PAINTMODZ-785247518184140/?fref=ts

I followed what they recommended and did a test fit (i.e. got someone to hold it in place) and then put masking tape around the whole area leaving a couple of mm gap. When I was happy I then heated the double sided tape (after peeling off the back) with a hair dryer so it was really sticky and then it was just a case of being brave!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

We have some of the Paintmods parts coming, just waiting on delivery.

Aerial looks good, is reception ok?

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

how difficult were the washer jets to change, certainly make a difference I think

G4DDS
    Participant

UK - England

Haven’t noticed any problems with reception (although only done a few miles since fitting). Does anyone actually know whether the roof aerial does AM/FM/DAB and the GPS signal?

On my ST, I am sure the DAB aerial was embedded in the rear quarter window (my ST did not have privacy glass so it was clearly visible) – obviously can’t tell on the RS due to the privacy glass.

Concerning washer jet fitting – I unclipped the two clips on each side that hold the deadening material (under the bonnet) in place and this gives enough room to comfortably get your hands in. The wiring harness simply pulls apart relatively easily but you need to give the pipe feeding the water to the jet a fairly hefty tug (especially the passenger side). Once disconnected a push from the underside and the washer jet simply pops out. Fitting is the reverse.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny,

If you are getting some paint Modz stuff I will wait and probably order the led bulb upgrade at the same time. just remind me how we order through this club.

Coastliner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to G4 DDS Nitrous Blue RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!