Garage changed my air filter

Home Forums Performance Forced Induction Garage changed my air filter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Actually changed my filter from mountune to this 🤦🏽‍♂️. This will affect it badly I guess so I’ll need to go buy a new one???

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’d ask the service receptionist to go and retrieve your old on e from the mechanic /dustbin !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Aye that’s my thoughts it’s already in the bin 🤦🏽‍♂️. £83 for a new one from mountune..  I’ll not be going back to that garage.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Yep, ask for it. Reason why every time I get a service done that involves the Air filter, I ask them to place the new one on the passenger seat and I will do it myself.

I have 2 OE air filters in my garage, and next service is earmarked for another one.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Usually don’t have to say because the garage I normally go to know. This was a different garage I went to this time because it’s closer to my new work. Guess they have no clue about upgraded parts to not change it. I mean the service receptionist even asked if my focus rs was a petrol or diesel 🤦🏽‍♂️

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Or get a K&N/Mountune do not remove sticker for the filter box. Mountune gave me one when they fitted FPM375. No more worries unless the mechanic carries a white stick!

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just bought one from mountune there after a quick look online. The v2 one not that I’m going to notice any difference from the old one.  I’m more worried about the car not getting the air intake it needs as I run m400x map

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Whenever I book rs in for service I always ask for discount as air filter change is not required 👍

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Invoice them for a replacement

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

dundee
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

As  said above, invoice them for a replacement.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Garage changed my air filter. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!