Gday from WA

Home Forums General Newbie Gday from WA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Martin Smith
    Participant

Australia

Hi all,

First post as a new RS owner.

Im from Farnborough, Hants ??, now living in Perth  ?? .

Picked up my brand new RS in July and loving it. Right up until the test drive I was going down the golf r route, but once  I’d driven the RS, there was no going back.

Hopefully I’ve attached the pic, (back when it was at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up).

1st photo

Cheers

Martin

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Martsmithy

Morning mate!! Lovely looking Motor!! Welcome to the Club!! You definitely made the right choice choosing the RS over the Golf R. The RS is awesome!! What like are the roads over there??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Martin Smith
    Participant

Australia

Thanks Marc!

Yeah love the look, but the Go is definitely better than the show!

The roads are generally in better condition in Australia, but I do misss the A and B roads, there are too many long straight roads here…

cheers

Martin

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah I thought the roads might be like that!! I’m in the Highlands of Scotland and surrounded by Awesome A and B roads, kinda lucky that way!! You planning modifying your RS in anyway??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Martin Smith
    Participant

Australia

Yeah you are lucky up there, remember going up that way in my Mrs old Clio 182, was awesome up there.

nothing other than mud flaps ordered so far. Not sure what after that. Have a 5 year warranty and 3 years servicing thrown in and unfortunately looks like Ford Australia don’t support the Mountune kits….☹️

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Martin, congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Like the pic thanks for sharing.  Look forward to reading your posts ??

Honorary Member

Martin Smith
    Participant

Australia

Thanks bobcat, I’ll post some more pics soon, need to give it a clean first though. ?

chris-neil
    Participant

Australia

Welcome Martin from another RS owner in Perth.

Driving around Perth hills is fun and you will find lots of long car free roads to practice launch control 🙂

Ford for life but I also own a Maserati

Martin Smith
    Participant

Australia

G’day Chris,

Ill have to do a bit more exploring, spent a bit of time going to a few of the dams, would welcome some suggestions for south of the river…

cheers

Martin

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Welcome Martin….

We won’t hold it against you for being from the Invading Empire…but enjoy the cruisin’ in the West!

Martin Smith
    Participant

Australia

Thanks Warehou, definitely enjoying out here!???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Gday from WA. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!