Gearbox will be out for syncro concern

Home Forums Performance Transmission Gearbox will be out for syncro concern

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

faber
    Participant

France

For my part no problem the car has 32000km and the box always on top.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

The Ford gearbox is one of the smoothest for a mass produced car, they always have been. If changing the clutch hasn’t improved it, their needs to be further investigation.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hard to select is a different issue to a slight crunch when selecting. The stiffness could be improved with a change of oil, to a different grade.

Coastliner

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I test drove plenty of RSs’ before I bought mine and I noticed that all of them have stiffer gearboxes until they are properly warm. This is significant compared to other cold cars’ gearboxes. Maybe it’s a tolerance issue with performance in mind? Mine is significantly better after 15 mins driving. 1st gear when cold is always stiff but fine later.

NB FPM375

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Gearbox will be out for syncro concern. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!