Gel Plates

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Gel Plates

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Pete Watson
    Participant

UK - England

With regards to Gel Number Plates, has anyone had any issues with the Law regarding the fitment of these on their car, i need to get some new plates made up for my RE, i quite like the look of Gel Plates, having searched Google some say Gel Plates are illegal for road use yet some say and Number Plate makers say Gel Plates are legal for road use, don’t want to splash out of Gel Plates only to get pulled and fined.

Instagram = rsrededition

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I am unsure what Gel plates are. Are they the pressed ones used to be standard on the old black and silver or is it something different?

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

adw
    Participant

UK - England

https://www.shopbuilderpro.co.uk/imageServer/94774/products/1178293-main.jpg

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

3D Domed Gel Number Plates

Honorary Member

Pete Watson
    Participant

UK - England

@ bobcat

I’ve designed a set on platesforcars.co.uk, only thing is i’m not sure if i can have a slogan on the bottom ‘Red Edition’, i’ve added it to my design to see if i like the look of it, looks ok but again is it legal, may just go for a red border which i know is legal.

Instagram = rsrededition

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Yes I like the look of those and there are what I thought like the pressed aluminium ones of yesteryear only bang up to date.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@pete, from what I’ve read and understand, no you can only put on the plate what the DVLA  agree to.

Honorary Member

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Pete Watson   Don’t have a logo made with the plate just have a sticker made up to stick on the surface of the plate then if you do get pulled over and they happen to pick up on it just peal it off

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Have to agree @mark, that’s the way to go

Honorary Member

Pete Watson
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat – i’ve taken the plunge and just ordered them, have gone for Red Border with no Logo, stay on the safe side me thinks.

Mark-250 – Never thought of that doh, that’s a great idea, will look into that me thinks!!

Thanks for your help guys!

Instagram = rsrededition

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Pete ?should look brill,

Honorary Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Gel Plates. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!