Getting pdc turned off

Home Forums Performance Handling Getting pdc turned off

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

@crocket81 – where are the instructions to turn PDC off using the UCDS cable please? Want to see how difficult it is!

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

@masrs

I can’t actually tell you that mate as I didn’t actually do it myself, a member on here Lee aka jimbojambojumbo done it for me, it’s not hard to do but you need to know what you are doing, check out the ucds website and forums if you need info

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

My dealership TrustFord was supposed to switch off pdc on Monday but the tech said he could only find a “reset” option on the pdc so I told them to leave it for now. Any clues anyone?

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

They don’t know what they are doing mate…simple as that! A lot won’t even turn it off or get you to sign a waiver if they can do it, where Do you live mate?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Surrey

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not far away as down in Sussex, Another chap Lee is over in Essex and he is the main man when it comes to anything like this! It’s either you find a dealer that knows what they are doing or someone closer with ucds software

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@tonys which TrustFord  did you go to, let me know as I also live in Surrey and maybe be able to help by recommending a good dealer who did mine.

Cheers Red

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Many thanks guys and Happy New Year to you all.

@red-leader
    – Thanks red, it was Epsom.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@tonys go to Trust Ford Banstead and ask when you book it in for Max to turn it off.  He is a top man, he has looked after my RS since new. Far better service dealer than Epsom who I don’t rate at all.  Did my head gasket and I have had no leaks etc.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@red-leader – Thanks I’ll contact them.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@tonys please let us know how you feel once it’s turned off. Cheers Red

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@red-leader – Hi red . I went to TF Banstead today and Max I was told by one of the other mechanics was there. I couldn’t get passed the girl on the service desk however she apparently asked Max and came back and said they were unable to switch off a “safety device” so refused to switch off the PDC. I did say they had done it in the passed but she refuised to comment further. Very strange.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

What a right pain! I am up there in a couple of weeks so I will have a chat with Max. It’s time for the third service and an MOT. Be in touch.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

They can be funny these main dealers

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Alan @ Guildford Think Ford switched mine off

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Getting pdc turned off. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!