Ghost question

Home Forums Technology Security Ghost question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Stevehealy71
    Participant

UK - England

hi guys

i was having a debate at work today regarding the ghost and key cloning

i told the guy that the ghost secures the  obd port from key cloning and he seems to think they can still clone your key but obviously can’t start your car

so who’s right ?

we got talking about it as we was on about the metal guards you can buy for the obd port as I said you wouldn’t need to move the obd and secure it as the ghost keeps it safe

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, I had the ghost installed yesterday along with the tracker. Even with the original key a thief will not be able to start the car. It is totally understandable detectable through diagnostics so obd key cloning is useless.

No wires or visible relays so it can’t be traced and bypassed in a hurry.

It’s a huge leap forward in my opinion.. My car now has 1 touch global window closing and the doors lock automatically at 6mph.

Also read that when you disable the system for valeting / service mode if the car is driven above 30mph for 15 minutes or more the system automatically enables. This means when the ignition is turned off it will not start again without the key! I’m guessing it will catch out 1 or 2 garages and I for one am looking forward to that conversation ?

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I think that didn’t answer your question. I’m guessing the key could still be cloned which would disable the alarm but it won’t start.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Key cloning is rf technology where the would be thief transmits your key frequency to there mate next to your car, which the ghost defends against. programming a key via obd port is another way of car theft which the ghost also protects against.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

The ghost protects the entire canbus network not just the port, port protection is pointless as your can bus network runs all around your car

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I wasn’t aware of that last piece of info. I’m well happy with mine. ?

Stevehealy71
    Participant

UK - England

Thought I was right

with that in mind I was putting a different map on my car with my dreamscience handset and was able to use it without putting the ghost into valet mode

how is this possible if ghost protects all the can network???

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Your only writing to the flash not the eeprom, but still safer to put into valet, gtr it will allow 50% to flash and then cut communication so you have 2 tonne of dead car, vag can’t even start to flash as immobiliser is first part of flash.

Your on your own if you flash without using valet mode

Stevehealy71
    Participant

UK - England

That clears that up then i thought it would of locked out all communication

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Only blocks chassis, immo data not data reading or you’d get no live data out of your port for logging etc

Dshutt
    Participant

UK - England

Hi – probably a daft question, but I am trying to pair my Ghost system with an iphone and the system is looking for a bluetooth code which apparently is on the accompanying card – I can’t get any code on the card to work.  Should I have been provided with a separate bluetooth code by the fitting company?  Thanks for any help,  Tony

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Code is either inside the white booklet or on the black card under your emergency disarm code

Dshutt
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Chris for a very speedy reply to my post – now sorted.  Thanks again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ghost question. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!