ghost troubles !

Home Forums Technology Security ghost troubles !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Skratsmk3
    Participant

UK - England

hi all , my car dislikes the ghost system , i had it disabled for two weeks so I could get fords to do updates because I was getting all sorts of fault codes ( steering assist/ drive modes unavailable/seat belt minder etc ) and even engine management light coming on telling me the cat was not working ! disconnected it and reset at fords and now have no issues whatsoever , now the installer is saying it’s fords not playing the game and updating their end to accommodate the ghost when I think that ghost should update their end , is anyone else having issues. .?

NB 17 plate focus rs  , msd 400, milltek system /de cat

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

I don,t know if it,s me or the ghost,Started normally then pulled away and car cut out-seat belt minder /ford assist not available ,earlier started car in driveway and it started and cut out,maybe i,m to quick on the buttons and rushing it any thought,s Been fitted 2 days.

Former RS Edition owner

stookay
    Participant

UK - Scotland

If you were too quick on the buttons it still should’nt start, it should just run through a load of errors,  Who fitted the ghost ?

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Unfortunately there are to many installers out there who shouldn’t be installing the product, the ghost works if installed correctly, there are no updates from Ford which effect the ghost

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

I have seen quite a few post’s on various forums and fb pages about issues with the ghost system but I have to say its one of, if not thee best purchase I’ve made for mine and luckily I had @ChrisPreston install mine.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

What I don’t understand is why the product gets slagged off before the installer, having over 350 ghost’s installed to Mk3 Rs’s and lots of happy customers, clearly this isn’t a product issue !

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Chris I had someone leave a message on my answerphone claiming they had got my details form you but wanted my address claimed it was related to ghost

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah that’s Greg he works with me as trying to keep up with office work, installations and development was getting to much for me on my own so have set up a new business called Immobiliser Direct to deal with the Ghost.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I would only have a security system installed by an approved installer of  that particular system and ensure a warranty is issued. If manufacturers of security systems are prepared to sell just the kit to anyone for self installation then problems will undoubtably occur.

123railboy
    Participant

UK - England

I must admit every time I start mine it comes up seatbelt service and drive modes not available ! And then leaves the yellow warning light on on, it does still select drive modes but I have to go into information setting to clear it . Any ideas Chris, you fitted it about a month ago, cheers

Full spec red edition ? standard

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah don’t put your foot on the clutch before you’ve disarmed the Ghost.

Every time you do you will get error codes as you’ve tried to start your car without disarming the Ghost, which the Ghost won’t allow to happen.

Ignition on disarm Ghost 2 flashes foot on clutch press start and you’ll have no error codes.

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

mmmm thought it was me,first thing i do when i get in is press the clutch (former insignia owner) have since tried it and waited for eml light to flash and it,s fine,Ghost was fitted in leicester from a firm been fitting alarms/trackers 20+ years,I missed the group buy by a month as was,nt sure when car would be delivered otherwise i would of come to chris-Is the Ghost App worth buying/secure ?.

Former RS Edition owner

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

Will be an installer related issue, or possibly to do with another aftermarket device installed on the car. I had issues with both. My original installer had two goes at fitting the ghost correctly, made it worse so it was locking me out for five minutes after a restart (and made a pig’s ear of the install on two other cars of ours). Chris kindly fixed the issue in late December and was less than impressed by the previous work. Afterwards, the Ghost was working correctly, but my car was throwing (unrelated to the Ghost, but similar to the OPs list) faults which would clear once the pin was entered. Had Ford check it out, no faults found, but I’ve since tracked it down to my Blackvue Power Magic Pro. If I pull the fuse taps out, re-seat the original fuses, no faults come up. Plug it back in, the faults reappear.

I’m 100% happy with the Ghost. It’s a brilliant product and provides some much needed peace of mind. I wouldn’t consider buying a car that it couldn’t be fitted to, or made to fit to with further development. As for the Power Magic Pro, it doesn’t work well in cold weather or on cars with stop-start technology. I’ll be replacing it with Blackvue’s B-112 Power Magic Battery Pack.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Andy Thornton you don’t have driveaway locking or one touch windows on lock ? the voucher never expires some are waiting for there editions to come so March installations for me.

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

@Chris Preston ,i have no idea on the drive away locking but the windows are not on one touch.Thanks for reply.

Former RS Edition owner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to ghost troubles !. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!