ghost troubles !

Home Forums Technology Security ghost troubles !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

123railboy
    Participant

UK - England

@chris Preston. Thanks for the reply . Sorry my fault. Impatient 🙂

Full spec red edition ? standard

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I will NOT be having a Ghost fitted to my next Focus RS Mk3.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 Are you going to share with us why ? just write the same on all the Ghost related posts on this forum which I’ve lost count of personally but as your writing on them all have a count up for us

Skratsmk3
    Participant

UK - England

nice responce , the place that fitted mine told me id have to accept the fault codes as the car is fighting the ghost ! needless to say i uninstalled it at the mo to prove to them its the ghost not the car !

NB 17 plate focus rs  , msd 400, milltek system /de cat

TonyRS
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Chris Preston, I’m booked in with Autowatch, a guy called Luke for a Ghost and tracker to be fitted in Minworth, Birmingham. After reading on here about some installers not fitting them correctly, do you know if he’s a reputable installer? Or has anyone else used him? Thanks.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

How much have you been quoted Tony?

Alan Pearson
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Andy, I had the drive mode and engine cutting out issue on my RS yesterday! It happened 6 times in a row! Did you have any more issues or was it down to timing? Think I was starting before the flashes?

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

i have had my ghost system installed a couple of months without a single issue. you must let the indicators flash before starting or it might throw in random errors (i was told). assuming the installation was completed by a competent person. my installer had to plug a digi box into the car post instal to clear faults, they never returned. i think it was the car rejecting the ghost initially when it sensed it was wired in.

it may help if you get the ghost app ÂŁ9,99 and worry no longer because that does the coding for you. you still need to wait for the flashes however. this is a small price to pay for the security of you car! and peace of mind!

press the start button once, code (or app), flashes complete (2off), wait a second and press start again to fire up the monster.

soren
    Participant

UK - England

I will echo what chris preston stated. My car has been in ford for a few things and i know battery has been of for a few days as tracker people kept messaging me. Mine always starts first time. Far to many people out there who havnt a clue and should nit be fitting these. I travelled to chris’ home address, few hours each way but worth it for peace of mind. Good bloke who knows his stuff.

rog
    Participant

UK - England

mikey456,

Power magic pro if installed appropriately has no issue with stop-start on mk3.

Old but of interest… http://www.riskafrica.com/a-chat-with-pfk-electronics/

Rog.

CodsHead
    Participant

UK - England

Thought this might be of interest here.

I was having exactly the same issues as some of the others here when I started the car with Ghost and I was getting the Drive Mode unavailable and Belt Minder message (which incidently I took to Fords who had no idea what this was…)

Anyway, it was all down to how I was starting the car… I was depressing the clutch, Start, disarm, then Start again.

I just tried the method suggested earlier, Start, disarm, start and got no warning messages. So seems that pressing the clutch does screw the system up.

Now it means I can get it into Sport mode that much earlier…

Hope this helps.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

You are correct. If you screw up the sequence, you get warning codes. This was explained to me when I had it installed. Every now and again I drop the ball and get a problem but it’s me, not the Ghost. Great product if it’s fitted correctly. Gives me massive peace of mind.

NB FPM375

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

No problems with my install by Chris Preston over 3 years ago. As said, if you are a bit sharp on the buttons it can throw errors.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

tmorris2009
    Participant

UK - Wales

@andy thornton

I don,t know if it,s me or the ghost,Started normally then pulled away and car cut out-seat belt minder /ford assist not available ,earlier started car in driveway and it started and cut out,maybe i,m to quick on the buttons and rushing it any thought,s Been fitted 2 days.

i know this is a old thread, but I’m experiencing the exact problems as you posted, just wondering how you sorted it out????

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@tmorris2009, just a thought……. try putting the battery on charge for 24/36 hours, as low battery can throw up error codes.

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to ghost troubles !. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!