Ghost unable to service Mode

Home Forums Technology Security Ghost unable to service Mode

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All

Have a Ghost installed onto the RS and was able to place this into service mode, The car had to go into the dealership to do some software updates to all the modules and to have the PCM and Sync software updated due to a few issues, I am now unable to place the car back into service mode, I am doing the same process as before, Im still able to start the car as normal with entering in the correct pin and also is able to connect to the Ghost Bluetooth app.

I have tried the process with ignition turn on, Enter Pin, Wait for the confirmation, enter the service button 5 times and this is when it should enter service mode.

Also made sure that when trying this the bluetooth on my device is disabled.

I have also disconnected the battery and left for 15 minutes to see if this might help however this still has not allowed the ghost to go back into service mode.

I need to place the car back into service mode as the car is going back in to have some more work done to it.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Thanks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Try putting into service mode with engine still running, before you turn it off.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

thanks for the reply, I’ve already tried this and it didn’t work, any other ideas which may work ?

thanks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Think it’s going to be back to the installer.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

who you gonna call ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Very good, Mike. Very good.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Can you change your pin code ?

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Chris

im able to change the pin code for the ghost

ive also just tried to enter service mode with the new pin but it’s still not working

thanks

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

And your on cruise control ?

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Did you contact your installer on Friday ?

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

ive contacted the installer yesterday to inform him and hes asked me to try all the following but none of this has worked, maybe autowatch may need to be aware of this issue as other people may have the software update for the car and this could affect them ?

Ive been driving the car today fine with cruise control and speed limiter, Im able to start the car by entering the Pin or either by the Bluetooth app.

Do you have any ideas why this has happened ?

It seems to be the service button may have been wiped when updating the software, before the car went in GHOST was placed into service mode.

Thanks

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

When was your system installed ?

have you tried ghost disarmed via the button sequence not app, start the engine and then 5 indicator right slight lift ?

I had an installer ring me just after lunch on Friday regarding this same issue, my car had all the updates and was fine but obviously I had the latest software on my Ghost

skillboy
    Participant

UK - England

The system was installed in September, the car is a 16 Plate RS.

by any chance the installer wasn’t called Dave ?

Tried that aswell Chris, turned on Ignition enter pin, wait for the 2 flashes, start car, then right indicator slight press up 5 times and nothing happens.

has there recently been a update for the software for the ghost ?

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Yes it was Dave

And yes you need a software update which will also sort out the sync loosing an hour and headlights strobing, and give you a 15 minute valet instead of the 3 minute

Lots of updates since September

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ghost unable to service Mode. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!