Ghost unable to service Mode

Home Forums Technology Security Ghost unable to service Mode

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Jonyboy check how long your car stays in valet mode 3 minutes old software 15 minutes upto date software

Timb071
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Chris, guess my Ghost also needs the firmware update..

Not been on the forums for a while, but as I got it fitted back in April, expect firmware update required.

Is the main fix the service mode change from 3mins to 15mins…

Took mine into the local dealer for the Driver mode update and they hit the 3 minute issue so ended up calling me… not sure they actually needed to test drive the car given they were only doing a software update though…

Tim.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Tim,

You are correct the service mode is extended in latest firmware update.

I thought it was a good idea to post this out to members unfortunately I have been proved wrong as in 11 weeks the equipment has reached a staggering 4 members.

With one of those members actually only having the equipment for 48 hours I can’t understand why the other members want to keep hold of it for so long, at this rate it will take until 2020 for my idea to have been effective.

Maybe I should have taken deposits prior to sending out the equipment that way giving members some kind of inspiration to hurry up as there are others who would like the opportunity to use it before there cars run out of warranty.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Good Morning Chris

If I post you out a USB Stick can you supply the latest firmware revision and full instructions on what to do and how to install.

I just need your postal address & postcode please, if this option is agreeable to you.

Cheers

A  🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

It’s not that simple unfortunately as the usb isn’t the problem or issue, there is an installer Bluetooth dongle which enables the software to be loaded And runs the programme.

Only supposed to have 1 dongle per installer, I was allowed additional for this exercise to see if it would be successful and something Autowatch should allow other dealers to offer the end users.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

So how do we get this done in the Manchester area

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Chris

are you coming to essex any time

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Was in Essex on Tuesday and normally do Essex atleast twice a month

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Unfortunately to get this update and use of the Bluetooth dongle both you and I are reliant on others to be more considerate and think of others instead of just themselves.

After the security update has gone out to members I’ll have more Bluetooth dongles available, but not until the at risk cars are done.

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

What area of Essex Chris

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

I’ll let you know next time I’m down

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Chris

You fitted ghost 4 th April 17

Do i need an update ?

As I am only 70 mins from you if I need to i can come to you.

I am on holiday Monday Tuesday and 18th 19th.

Also if in Essex i can go any Tuesday if you let me know post code as I can also visit my mum who is in southend between now and end of year.

You have my mobile number as we have talked before, or i can ring or text if you prefere.

Thanks

Nigel

mikekav
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Chris you fitted my Ghost early May , i am near to Essex or can drive up to you if i need the updated firmware .

Timb071
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Chris, are the USB sticks still doing the rounds or are there alternative ways to get the update??

Thanks,

Tim.

Can message you directly instead if you want me to……

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Best to message me directly

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ghost unable to service Mode. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!