GHOST

Home Forums Technology Security GHOST

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 237 total)
  • Author

Martin71RS
    Participant

UK - England

Anybody know when the Android app will be ready for the ghost

Martin

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

While it annoys me greatly we have to go such lengths just to own and keep hold of a Ford!!  I will go for a Ghost to supplement my Viper.  While out yesterday at a local event the wife was on tender hooks  worrying if the car was still in the car park!  Me less so as feel its quite secure. Never the less an extra layer would be more peace of mind, plus I could hand the keys over if forced and still have the Ghost layer of protection.

Just contemplating the tracker option, always said I didn’t want the car back if it gets taken, but having an App that tells it’s still where you left does sound reassuring, especially when away on holiday.

Alternative is either sell the car and or move house… hopefully I can avoid those to “options”

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Martin71RS
    Participant

UK - England

I was thinking of adding the viper once my ghost is in some would say ott but better safe than sorry. I had a tracker on my old subaru p1 didnt have apps back then though but bet that would be a added bonus

Mart

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

To  be honest that would be overkill. With ghost installed it can’t be driven away by anyone even if they had a key. I have ghost and tracker and that’s enough I’d say. I’m perfectly happy. I only worry about the wheels being nicked! (again!)

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Ghost wasn’t available when got my RS and viper was the way to go. Still a decent system, but has a key, recent trends show that’s the weakness. The viper will be visual deterrent, ghost will be invisible which I think is best plan.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Sean
    Participant

UK - England

I had mine installed a couple of days ago , then when i turned off the stop/start button the dashboard lit up all kinds of warnings and the engine cut out , any one had any similar problems , seems ok now , but im a bit wortied about using the stop/start again

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Strange question? If you don’t use the stop/start button how would you expect to start and stop?

The warnings are most likely because you tried to start the car before entering the pin.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Sean I think you had best pop back to your installer as it doesn’t seem right to me and I’ve installed hundreds without any issue

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@irelmo, I think Sean is talking about the econo feature city stop/start button between the seats, and not the main engine start button.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

dundee
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Had my ghost fitted yesterday after the Ford Fair.

Thanks Chris.

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda  now that makes sense haha…. Sorry Sean! That’ll teach me to read the forum when I’ve just woken up!

In that case I have never had an issue with the start/stop feature and I regularly switch it on and off. Most of the time I turn it off tbh…

Sean
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you for the replys folks , i will give the installer a call , one more question , if you have to use your emergency code , will it have to be used every time you stop or does it disable the whole system until you get it looked at ?

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Emergency code only allows you to choose a new code, system rearms after ignition is switched off

Sean
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Chris

Mark Gill
    Participant

UK - England

Chris what’s your availability in Leeds in the next few days/ next week?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to GHOST. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!