GHOST

Home Forums Technology Security GHOST

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 237 total)
  • Author

cigarman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

sure RS_Kev, they can tow it away but they still can’t drive it.  Like all systems once they have it away then they have all the time to find it and disarm it.  Likewise a tracker will show where the car is for a limited time before they a have a frequency block on the tracker.

Ghost and tracker at least gives the best deterent ( buy time), by the time the realised it was a Ghost alarm, you would have known where the car is from the tracker.  Most pros will leave the car in an area to await the owner’s claim, if no one claims it, then its not tracked

Mountune M400 with all the goodies.

Andy McMillan
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Chris,

You ever come up to Scotland to fit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Coming next Saturday to fit in Paisley, let me know if you want booked in Andy

simhopper
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Can he do updates in person? I’m still waiting for the USB stick update which Chris promised after the issues

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Yes he can, did a few on Sunday at the Midlands meet. The USB sticks are Autowatch’s responsibility to provide.

BigBlew
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to jump on this thread, but can I ask does the Ghost have an anti-hijack facility built in, because I thought I had read that these weren’t allowed in this country, and yet on the other forum Secure My Car are advertising a Pandora system which stalls the car if driving at less than 10mph.

Is this right?

Sorry to ask, but I take delivery in the next couple of weeks and I need to sort the security booking now.

Many thanks

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Bigblew

If by anti hijacking you mean auto locking on driving away then yes this is a feature the ghost can offer you,

CheeRS

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The resent issue / problem which the GHOST suffered, in the perfect storm scenario as Dr RS said.

Is their an update as to what AutoWatch intend to do for customers?

Do all Mk3 or no owners require this fix / patch?

Who is to remedy the issue? If their is an issue?

Cheers

A 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have a USB stick to update mine, depends on when your Ghost was installed as to what update you require, your installer will be able to assist you I am sure, Mine was fitted by Chris and he sent me the USB

CheeRS

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2

I had mine updated on Monday. Owners should contact their installer and/or the local distributor to get their cars booked in for the update (which is obviously being done free of charge). Without going into details, the MK3 installation method changed around March/April this year, so if a Ghost was installed around that time or before, it may need an update.

@rsdom
    and @BigBlew As far as I’m aware, Ghost does have an anti-hijack feature and auto door-locking, but I was told by my installer the anti-hijack feature couldn’t be turned on. I presume this is due to technically being illegal to immobilise a vehicle in motion within the UK. Whether or not the Pandora system is strictly legal to cut the power below 10mph I’m not sure…

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Thank You RSDOM & MIKEY456. I’ll contact Chris and see where it goes.

Cheers Again

A 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

BigBlew
    Participant

UK - England

Hi rsdom,

Sorry no, what I mean is, if someone carjacks you, the car cuts itself off when moving at below 10mph.

The new Pandora system does it, and I believe the Ghost does as well in other countries but not here.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Ghost anti-hijack stalls after car reduces to 6mph. Like autolocking it is a switchable option at installation on the post-March install method.

Cars on the original install method did not have their security compromised so no action required.

A very small minority of early 2017 Mk3 installs, limited to a finite narrow time period, required remedial action. All effected group buy customers were contacted within two days of Chris developing the fix with Autowatch. The fix can be administered by owners with a USB dongle supplied by Autowatch FOC or installers. Customers of other companies were advised in a release by Autowatch to contact their official installers.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Updated firmware is available for cars on original install but nothing to do with the security issue. Please see this related thread:

Ghost unable to service Mode

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Good Morning Chris
    If I post you out a USB Stick can you supply the latest firmware revision and full instructions on what to do and how to install.
    I just need your postal address & postcode please, if this option is agreeable to you.
    Cheers
    A

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to GHOST. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!