GHOST

Home Forums Technology Security GHOST

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 237 total)
  • Author

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Depends if you have your car or not ? As I’m in Leicester on Thursday

craigyp
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I have the car.

I guess you fit the ghost then chris?

Is it 100% reliable now with no glitches?

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Yes I fit them and put the group buy together with Kenny for the members

The Ghost ? is 100% reliable, I did miss the stop start at the very beginning due to my car being apart and testing the product guess the battery was drained and it never kicked in !

Soon rectified that issue though and not had any problems since with the focus installs I’ve done which must be around 40 just on this forum.

craigyp
    Participant

UK - England

Ah brilliant

Do you travel around to work places at all?

As the car is used daily by the wife

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

I try to get as many in the same area as possible so I’m in le9 and possibly ng17 just waiting for the member to confirm his cars available at ng17.

Travelling isn’t a problem just need enough members in same area

craigyp
    Participant

UK - England

Ok.
    So it’s 320 fitted?
    I probably not be able to have it fitted this Thursday as funds are a bit short with Christmas.

When you know when your next in my area I will book for sure..

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Best to contact Kenny and get a fitting voucher £20 deposit

Kenny and myself then put together fitting days for the area’s

jonboy710
    Participant

UK - England

@chris Preston

Hi Chris had my ghost fitted sat, I have found on occasion well twice at mo that when iv got in my car depressed clutch put code in my engine light didn’t confirm code then started with all lights dash into lights flashing for a few seconds then going off, I pressed start button again without clutch and input code and it atarted, is this right it doing this oh and it came up with msg, hill start assist not available start stop not available, and a 3rd I can’t remember, it has the latest software on the ghost and on the other RS they have installed on it hasn’t done it, any help would be appreciated as I don’t want to just have it uninstalled from vehicle if it’s something that can be sorted. Don’t get me wrong the Installers are on the case about it as it thrown them also, I’m just asking you for advice pleas.

CIA

John

Jonboy710 Nitrous Blue 2017

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Hi John , I’ve found similar things with mine if I press clutch pedal before entering code. all I do now is press the start button put in code when I get indication that ghost is ok to start then I press clutch and the start button and have had no problems since.

A few bits and pieces added

jonboy710
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers paul144, iv had a call from installer he said been in touch with autowatch regarding this issue. Just awaiting feedback.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Your Installer rang Autowatch yesterday and they rang me, they rang him back the same day.

Your installer still hasn’t registered your Ghost Installation though.

Can you please modify your post as this is an open forum and your discussing a security product, the fact your installer allowed you to see the install yet failed to show you the operation of the product amazes me.

I don’t let a customer leave without them understanding the Ghost, but by the sounds of it your installer doesn’t understand the system.

If you touch your clutch pedal and press the start button your requesting the vehicle to start with out disarming the Ghost, fine if you have the app but not if your using the buttons.

The longer you try to start the car the longer the Ghost will lock you out for, eventually you’ll get every error message the car can produce on the dash and the sat nav will reboot after correct operation of the ghost, to clear the error messages you must cycle the ignition or press ok several times.

The Ghost re arms in 3 seconds and must be disarmed by pressing the start button only foot away from clutch pedal then entering your code, eml light will flash twice then and only then can you depress the clutch and press the start button to engage the starter motor.

Your vehicle will be fine if you do this

jonboy710
    Participant

UK - England

@chris

It won’t let me edit or remove post, but reason I was privy to it was I know them personally, regards registering I’ll make that a point, and it was put to me in the manor you speak of ie the understanding on how it works procedure to follow, I think it was more me just rushing in without thinking first but now it’s been clarified on start procedure it’s not been an issue thank you Chris..

@kenny

How do I edit a post that’s been replyed to already it won’t let me

Thanks to all

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

anyone recommend Someone to fit the GHOST system in surrey?

thanks

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Have you a voucher ?

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Chris, not yet.  I get the car in March so just trying to sort where I can take it as i’m Guildford way.  If I get a voucher now is it valid for March/April?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to GHOST. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!