GiroDisc front disc specification?

Home Forums Performance Brakes GiroDisc front disc specification?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

frs3425
    Participant

Sweden

Hi!

Does anyone know how thick a new front disc from GiroDisc is and when it is recommended to replace them (can’t find any wear indicator)?

Thanks!

Best Regards, Per-Anders.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Reyland 370mm conversions for stock callipers are 27mm wide to fit callipers and pads.

frs3425
    Participant

Sweden

@GM – Thanks!  My discs measure ~26,4mm. Want to know when it might be time for a change…

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

Hi there,

For direct OEM replacements, excluding modified rotors by Reyland, the rule of thumb  for the RS MK3 is 2mm wear due to abrasive friction.
    The stock rotors come with a 25mm thickness and the minimum allowed on these rotors is 23mm. Now in my quest to have a proper set of rotors I had Girodisc on my list. While some respect the OEM thickness others do not but they claim a 2mm delta between new and minimum. I think Girodisc comes at 27 mm thickness and you should change them at 25mm.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

@GM are you running the Reyland discs?

My discs and pads will need doing at some point, and I’m tempted…

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

frs3425
    Participant

Sweden

Thanks for all your inputs! I have emailed GiroDisc for comments about it. I assume my discs will be safe a while longer…

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Paulg ordered, im on EBC all round at the moment with YellowStuff pads 👌🏻

Ive purely gone for the reyland big kit conversion, with the stock callipers to keep the OEM look and all mods on mine are quite stealth like. So i get floating, slight increase in performance, weight saving and able to use blue stuff standard pads… changing to a pad without metal / more organic reduces the wear on the rotors also… Im stopping myself from ordering the brembo GTS kit for the front tho…. they look mint but would stand out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to GiroDisc front disc specification?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!