Go fast bits Bov venting at wrong time

Home Forums Performance Forced Induction Go fast bits Bov venting at wrong time

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

logan binns
    Participant

New Zealand

Hey there, so my go fast bits bov is venting in 6th gear going up a slight hill cruising at 100kph. Is this normal?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Bump, anyone?

Honorary Member

logan binns
    Participant

New Zealand

Yes bump lol. So far done underseat sub blow off valve and have h and r lowering springs (yet to fit). Cobb shift plate. Any help with the above

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@logan, how did fitting the sub go? Any pics possible?

Honorary Member

logan binns
    Participant

New Zealand

@bobcat hey mate yes I fit the sub was fairly difficult with the whole broken ankle gig so I’ve wired it all up and for now its sitting under the seat but I haven’t been able to make a bracket yet to hold it I will do some photos soon. I set it up so it’s all removable. I T’d into the wiring harness with push on crimps that go over the wire (the original car harness) and the sub harness is just pushed thru too clamped sorta. Also I forgot to order a fuse piggy back I think it’s called so I just crimped onto a acc wire on the same plug as the rest of the harness for the stereo. The sub makes a big difference alot more depth and sounds wicked like I say all the mods I’ve done so far are reversible.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@logan, many thanks for the update, look forward to seeing your pics ?

Honorary Member

logan binns
    Participant

New Zealand

Here are a couple of the wiring before I tidied it up and I’ll take a pic of the sub too tommorrow https://mk3focusrs.club/wp-content/uploads/forum_uploads/123147/561x57eutkz4hylpn56je5081nkzbpu7.jpg

https://mk3focusrs.club/wp-content/uploads/forum_uploads/123147/qfaf73foqmup8eks8j6tgcqo8qbonag4.jpg

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

martin logan bass bins…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, ha ha ha have a job fitting those under the front seats ???

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

bob, hes called Logan Binns, so i thought it only fitting ! Innit

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

logan binns
    Participant

New Zealand

@71-bda bahaha i like that 1 might fit them in my dumpster house lol

logan binns
    Participant

New Zealand

This might be interesting for all us rs owners I had an email from g.f.b they have said more or less that the ecu in steady state will vent the bov ie cruising so if any of you have this issue it’s fine there are things u cn do to fix or help mitigate it. I thought that the ecu may be commanding the bov to vent to retain fuel efficiency. Which is what seems to be the case.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@logan, thanks for the heads up ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Go fast bits Bov venting at wrong time. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!