Going 440 msd

Home Forums Performance Engine Going 440 msd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I have decided to get the msd440 map and wring out the most on the standard turbo .

Currently on 420msd plus added cams map and that made 437bhp and 532 ftlb torque ( according to dyno)

440 map runs more boost so will be interesting how far it can take the standard turbo .

Will be down to hendys when the 4 bar map sensors arrive and got a bargain on a uprated actuator 😊

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I purchased my 4 bars map sensors from Devils who got them from MSD

I think they where around £130 a pair, if that’s of use for you to price compare.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

If we can get around 450bhp from stock turbo I’m thinking the low down response will be impressive specially with the torque it’s making !

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Great choice going with MSD👍🏻

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Car is now booked in for the 17th to have the 4bar map sensors and the turbosmart actuator fitted , Stewart has sent me the 440 msd with multi maps, looking  forward to bit more boost………😎

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Mjp performance made 500bhp on the standard turbo with meth and standard internals, I think around 450 is just about the right power👍🏻

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@crocket81

I spoke to them about it when they first published the figures,  had big plans but seems to of gone a bit quite , to be honest seems a bit un realistic on the standard turbo

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I had the 4 bar map sensors and uprated actuator fitted today at Hendy performance, 440 map uploaded ,bad journey back with traffic,  but feels noticeably  quicker in low gears , Stewart did say boost will build with revs , didnt have chance to drive more but will tomorrow 👍

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Had a proper drive yesterday , feels like a proper quick car now, very responsive and pulls like a train from 3k  and noticeably quicker now in low down gears , so pulls right to red line, i might hold off on the big turbo for now 😀

I wanted to get the car to the stage that when u get it out for the weekend  and drive I think to my self …..sh## this is quick !!

Need another dyno run now to see if it up on the original 437bhp 😁

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy

Sounds like this is the way to go if sticking with the standard turbo, do you just have cams and uprated actuator fitted for the extra power? I’m currently running MSD 420, I absolutely love it, can’t fault Stewart’s help with data logging and revisions on the map, nothing ever seems too much hassle so def won’t be going anywhere else👍🏻

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi @crocket81

Yes so basically a stage 2 but with piper 270 cams uprated actuator and 4 bar map sensors so we can run more boost .

Cams were fitted when the engine was forged , glad i did now 😊

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy

thanks for the info mate, I will def be going the same way, don’t want to be chasing big numbers like others, around 450 is more than enough for a daily👍🏻

cdg86
    Participant

UK - England

Just out off interest if  I went to MSD 440  and in years down the line and wanting to put my car back to standard would standard map be ok with 270 Piper cams or just upgrade to 255 ones plus add springs to be safe ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Reverting back the Car would be fine with 270 cams. Not sure but the car might need mapping to get the best out of them at factory setup.

Ive previously used the 285 cams in other standard Ford engines and all was good.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

cdg86
    Participant

UK - England

Good 😊 another question if someone knows it what cams do mountune put in for there m520 kit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Going 440 msd. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!