Golf R revo kit to 500 Bhp

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Golf R revo kit to 500 Bhp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Just seen this from scc st albans, revo kit to take a golf to around 500 Bhp while using standard internals !!
    Mighty mods on you tube built one and did a load of quarter mile races pretty Impressive with low ish 11 sec runs consistently,
    Revo have claimed 0 to 60 around 3.2 sec and I’m sure I read 0 to 100 around 7/8 sec …….that’s very quick !!

How to get 500HP from your Golf R without breaking the bank, or your engine.

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

</p>

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Funny enough I was looking at Leon Cupra on autotrader, about 13- 18K, then Revo site and saw the kits to get the same, little over 2K I think.  As an Ex Cupra owner I’m tempted as my run about to replace my Z4……    AND they still can do 40 MPG !!!!   FORD WAKE UP….

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@robroy

Good read that mate!! Just a pity the Golf R is such a dull drive!! Bloody quick in a straight line though, especially with that Gearbox. Seems like REVO really push the limits…. their Stage 2 Map for the RS can achieve almost 440BHP with standard turbo and a few bolt ons, and 0 – 60 mph in 4.0 seconds with a manual G/box, which isn’t all that far off. What are the limits of the RS Internals… 450BHP??? I wouldn’t want to take that risk. So what are the Internals in that Golf good for?? Anybody know??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Well there advertising standard internals for the kit so not sure what the golf  can handle, hell of a increase from 300 to 500 !!

@9designs

Yes same kit available for seat and Audi,  that price wouldn’t include the turbo which is around £1800 exchange

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Personally would take the Cupra over a Golf R, just to be different, plus I think they a bit more entertaining to drive,  FWD only LOL

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Think they do both a front and 4 wheel drive Cupra now don’t they? ? I’m sure they do and the 4 wheel drive version has more bhp too

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@robroy

So if the Kit was £2000 and the Turbo £1800, that’s an extra 200BHP for about £4000!!  Although does the kit include the Sports Cat Downpipe and hi-flow Exhaust?? I don’t think it does.

Wish you could get an extra 200BHP for £4000 on the RS!! The RS is an expensive Motor to extract power from, well to do it safely it is!! It’s having to forge the RS internals that makes it expensive from the outset!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

4WD Cupra in UK is only on the Estate version !!!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Seat are so pleased with the Cupra Brand sales etc.

That they are going to off shoot it as it’s own marque in the same way Fiat have done with the Abarth Brand.

Todate its parent company is giving them free reign on power, drive  2/4WD, RWD on its Halo model The Cupra.

So that cancelled 400bhp Golf could become a reality but in a Cupra suit.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

what internals are in this?…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Golf R revo kit to 500 Bhp. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!