Goodyear eagle F1 supersports

Home Forums Styling General Goodyear eagle F1 supersports

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone tried these yet?

Theres a video reviewing these against the assymetric 5s, and a  couple of people on Facebook rate them higher than the cup 4s

My front 2 tyres are down to 3mm and one has a bulge from hitting a pothole at speed. So am thinking of replacing all 4.

Cheers

Mountune recirc valve- Mountune roll restrictor – Mountune SSC – Mountune PTU Brace – Mishimoto induction kit – MSD 400 running at 395bhp – 420lb/ft (according to devil devopments Dyno)

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by adams901.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Good question. Really rated Eagles back in the day.

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

I had a couple of sets of Goodyear eagle back in 2003-2004 on a Peugeot 206 2.0L GTI which were great tires but i’d wear them down fast.

But these are the tires i will be trying when i renew for the RS.

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

I’m really torn, so many people rate the ps4s and Michelin are doing £100 cash  the back at the garage i am going to.

I used to used F1 assy 3 on my old mps and didn’t really have any complaints.

Don’t really rate the Michelin super sports, they don’t seem consistent with their grip coming off roundabouts, but that’s probally because the tread is down to 3mm

Mountune recirc valve- Mountune roll restrictor – Mountune SSC – Mountune PTU Brace – Mishimoto induction kit – MSD 400 running at 395bhp – 420lb/ft (according to devil devopments Dyno)

p-laver
    Participant

Australia

I had couple of Good Year Supersports F1’s fitted just just over 7K kms ago, I’ve never suffered VS but tram-lining was a joke with the Michelin Cup tyres

I still don’t have VS and NO tram-lining, road holding, ride and noise I think is better but then each one is very subjective.

I personally won’t use or recommend Michelin’s because I had to replace 2 Cup Tyre’s due to the side wall popping with no side wall or wheel damage!!!

At over $500 AUD each for the Mitchelin’s they can get stuffed.

RS order 1st May with Forged option wheels
    Colour Nitrous Blue
    Build date 23rd May 2017
    Shipping Date 22nd June
    ETA Port of Melbourne 31st July 2017…… It’s late!!!! Unloaded on the 10th August

Delivered to Dealer on 23rd August

Picked up from Dealer 26th September

Build Number 24227

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

I too have the F1 supersports.

I can only recommend this tyre. From my point of view it’s amazing. The grip is great in both dry and in the wet.

I’ve even tracked the car with these tires and i could Just about hang on to a tuned track focused lotus elise with toyo proxes 888R tires.
    my brakes gave up well before the tires did. (Next mod = brakes)

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Got 5mm on the Michelin’s at the moment (2nd set) and are going for a change next time round. Goodyear would be my choice

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Whats the rim protection like on the F1 Supersports?  I cant fault anything with the pair of PS4s I just had fitted to the rear but I need 2 new fronts now!

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Just to add – the Goodyear are on offer right now at Costco – £129.39 each fitted with £50 off when you buy two so essentially £104.39 (£208.78) for a pair fitted!

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just had a pair of Continental sport contacts 6 fitted, very please with them. No tram lining or VS noticed so far. £136/fitted each.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Goodyear eagle F1 supersports. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!