Got my RS, question about maintenance

Home Forums General Newbie Got my RS, question about maintenance

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Christian Petitjean
    Participant

Switzerland

Yes manual gearboxes are always different… For me it’s more often the 4th and 5th that have a little “step” at the gate.

At Ford’s garage, they told me from their service’s history that the car had a leak from the shifter tower.
    Maybe it’s lacking a bit of oil in it..

I think i’ll just flush all oils during the next service. Than i will know it has been DONE.

Christian Petitjean
    Participant

Switzerland

Hey!

I got the RS serviced on friday with the FULL oil change:
    – Engine
    – Gearbox
    – Transfer case
    – Rear unit

All good, the gearbox is a bit smoother since then, especially when up to temperature.

The transfer case’s oil was really, really in bad condition. Very dark and almost grey’ish, with a lot of metal filings/dust in it (and on the magnet plug). Lifetime they say…

I’m glad i flushed all these oils. By the way, OEM oils only, i did not go with some other brand/oil etc.

Cheers all, have a nice sunday!

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

OEM oils are good and do the job.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Christian. Nice car, nice colour.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Got my RS, question about maintenance. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!